Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating tax condition amount

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am confused on how the system calculates tax conditon amount (let' say MWST) in sales order. In my system the tax condition type mwst has a condition record maintained of 4% thru VK11 and a tax code V0 assoicated with it.

The base value for calculating the tax amount for mwst is taken from the SD pricing procedure and so the tax amount is calculated in sales order.... However I need to know that in FTXP for the tax code V0, there is a tax rate of 4% maintained against it and an account key mws and a GL account. Is MWST also maintained in FTXP for the relevant tax procedure for 4% ???. I need to know whether for posting to tax GL account for condition type mwst, does the system calculates the tax amount thru tax procedure and if yes then how the system takes the value of BASB (base amount )in tax procedure in FTXP for calculating the tax amount.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is MWST also maintained in FTXP for the relevant tax procedure for 4% ???.

No. Because, once you key in TCode FTXP and execute, system will ask for Country of Origin and Tax Code. Here itself, you give the relevant tax code. For this combination only, all relevant Account Key & Condition Types are maintained in FTXP.

Moreover, if you are in TAXINJ, you have to maintain in FTXP. On the other hand, if you are in TAXINN, then you can maintain all tax codes in FV11 or VK11 or VK19.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Is MWST also maintained in FTXP for the relevant tax procedure for 4% ???. I need to know whether for posting to tax GL account for condition type mwst, does the system calculates the tax amount thru tax procedure and if yes then how the system takes the value of BASB (base amount )in tax procedure in FTXP for calculating the tax amount.

The values maintained in FTXP are just for record purpose. For every Tax we should have a particular GL account, so that we can find the total tax in a period of time whenever required.

But the actual calculation of tax is happening at pricing procedure level only. Tax is calculated based on base price in pricing procedure. Also assigning that amount to GLs assigned against them in VKOA.

Hope this clarify your doubt.

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Tax amount posting to GL account is from your sales order only as it determine GL account in SO itself based on account determination procedure which is based on A/C KEY,CHART OF A/C,SALES ORG,CPP,DPP.

For any clarification do reply.

Regards

Ajit K Singh

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read the document 'R/3 Tax Interface Configuration Guide Release 4.6x' .Althought it si for US taxes, it will help you to understand how to works.

Read it in the link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/047ab790-0201-0010-a9b1-e612f8b71dcd&override...

I hope this helps you

REgards,

Eduardo