cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Queue problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, i have a BPM with a Block step that has an infinite loop and collects delivery idocs, i have an exception set to 2 minutes or 500 idocs, basically when i send more than 500 idocs or it takes more than 2 minutes the first group is processed perfectly, but the remaining idocs are stuck on a queue visible under the smq2 with the status READY, does anybody has an idea of what could be the problem?,

Best Regards,

Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I have (maybe) a similar problem: messages waiting to be processed by a receive step inside a conditional loop (until n messages processed), got stuck in the queue with a 'ready' status.

I did not have the problem until the messages grew very large. I think processing one message took so long that the queue timed out. Decreasing the message size, and so processing time seems to help.

Does that correspond with your experience ?

kr,

Peter Glas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally a Queue is stuck when there is an error in one of the previous messages. With smqr, you should be able to see which message is blocking the queue. It should also indicate the reason for the blockage. Could you check that and let us know what error is indicated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tere,

There's no difference between y BPM and the example pattern on the basis component,

Regards,

Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i cannot see any errors, i do have a correlation active by some region ID, but my test involves only delveries of 1 region, i don't know what could be wrong about the correlation, in addition the bpm steps goes as follow:

- infinite loop with a receiver step inside a block step with a timeout exception

- after that i transform those collected messages into 1

- synchronous call to a 3rd party via webservice

- send back the response to ECC

Roberto.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Try these:

1. Delete any waiting process in SWWL

2. removing the correlation.

3. Activate BPM and retest.

Hope now it should not wait.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did everything as requested but i kept the correlation because im gonna need it, im only testing with 1 region id but im going to have multiple, the queues keep stopping and not resuming automatically after the timeout goes off.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Your requirement is similar to the BPM pattern in SAP BASIS component.

Compare your BPM (block and receive step) with the one under namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns with name BpmPatternCollectTime

Regards

Suraj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Can you provide the steps which you are used to make this BPM?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be those messages are waiting for relavent correlation message for further processing.

So pls chk correlation configuration once.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the message is getting blocked in the queue... there is high propability that in your BPM design something is missing or some exceptions are not handled.

Are you able to find any errors in the grachical display of BPM..under technical details?

Regards

Sunil.