cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check on storages in sales order and delivery documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm verifying if it's possible to find a standard or a custom solution for this type of problem:

I have a scenario in which there are more storages relevant for MRP (ex. 01, 02, 03, 04), and, in if I check availability in sales order or delivery (using checking rules "A" or "B") with setting which considering storages location inspection in availability check control, system check if there's stock available on all these storages.

I'm trying to verify if it's possible to consider only some on these storages (ex. 01 and 03 only) in sales order and delivery documents availablity check.

I know that in sales order storage location field is normally filled only using exit, but i don't know if it's possible to do, using a user exit, check availability considering only some storages and not all. At delivery level i have tried to use stock strategy, but this functionality don't have consequences on availability check, also if it's relevant during good issue phase.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

Gianpaolo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can exclude the availability check at particular storage location level using the field SLoc MRP indicator which you can find at the material master -MRP4 view.

Depending upon your requirement, you can select value 1 or 2. If any one of the values is added at the material master, then this material is excluded from availability check for that particular storage location in the sales order or delivery.

Discuss with your MRP team whether this has any other impact at their end.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for you suggestion. I have verified in material master the field you indicate me, but possible values in this field control the matter in which MRP have to consider this material or not into a particular storage. Unfortunately, i can't use this setting, as materials are used for MRP in all storages (01, 02, 03, 04). Problem is relevant for availability in sales orders and deliveries, for which i have to consider only some storages, if possible.

Regards

Gianpaolo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianpaolo,

We had some issues with availability check on a Customer Site.

I don't remember right now if we had to exclude storage locations from MRP to take them out from ATP, but I guess Shiva is 100% correct.

At the end, what was done was to always "force" a unique storage location in the sales order item, which will be the storage location used for shipping of the delivery of course.

If you use WM in your plant, then you will have no problem in having a unique storage location, so no problem.

Anyway you are correct in your analysis, if the Storage location is not informed in the sales order item, then all the plant stock is taken in account for ATP.

Best Regards,

Franck

Freelance Logistics SAP Consultant