cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill up to node juste before

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again,

I would like to know if it's possible to drill up to the node just before.

Let's say i have this structure:

-Company 1

+departement 1

+departement 2

+departement 3

and i drill down to departement 2 and get

-departement 2

+ 1

+2

+3

and drill down again to 2 :

A

B

C

i would like to be abble to select -2 and drill up and go back to -departement 2 and not -Company 1

here is the code i have right now,

'CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D'&NSTR(#ID[ACD8CJ]@Cost_Element_key,'B')&'%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

i can't figure out what to changeto make it work the way i want.

Thank you very much

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Find the expression "LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D'" & modify to "LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2" then it will drill down to the second level in hierarchy like wise you can drill down to whatever level you want.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I think i mislead you in my query, i wanted to know how to drill up (not drill down) to the level just above the one i'm at.

What i mean is, if i'm in level 4 and press on the drill up button, i want to go to level 3 and not to level 1 (as it's doing right now).

the code i have is the one shown in my first post

'CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D'&NSTR(#ID[ACD8CJ]@Cost_Element_key,'B')&'%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

what should i change to be abble to do it.

I've changed it like you said

'CMD_1=CMD%3DDRILL_TO_LEVEL%26LEVEL%3D2'&NSTR(#ID[ACD8CJ]@Cost_Element_key,'B')&'%26IOBJNM%3D0COSTCENTER%26DATA_PROVIDER%3DDP;'

but that's not working.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Khadija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think drill up dont work as you want. What you said is correct & drill up will take you to the top level always.

In that document everything is shown for drill down & nothing for drill up.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep,

I'll keep on searching and let you know if i've been able to find an answer to this.

I also want to know, if it's possible while using the table multiselect option. to expand two differents nodes at the same time, by using the drill down button

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Are you doing this in VC. Then why not you use "HISTORY BACK" standard function. As you know you can display "Hierarchies" in VC and History Back will work for you.

Other wise if it's purely WAD only if different... Let me know if you get an answer.. Best -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I'm new at VC and i really don't know what HISTORY BACK is. Could you please tell me how to use it or point me to a document i could use?

Thank you very much

Regards

Answers (0)