cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS 7 Delta Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been going through the changes in EasyDMS 7 and was wondering if anybody could point me to any documentation which provides more details.

I've gone through a presenation which lists the following enhancements (I have only mentioned the ones I need more info on). Would anybody know more specific details on this.

1. Support for latest MS Application including Office 2007 - office 2007 works fine in EasyDMS 6.0 as well. What other enhancemens does 7.0 offer.

2. Increase in scope for object link search - EasyDMS 7.0 and note 1171060 list the following. These were also available in 6.0. Any new object link searches available in 7.0 which were not previously available in 6.0?

DRAW Document

MARA Material

KNA1 Customer

LFA1 Vendor Master General Text

EQUI Equipment

IFLOT Functional Location

EKPO Purchase Order Item

EBAN Purchase Requist Item

PRPS WBS Element for Work Breadown Structure

3. ACL improvements, specifically traceability of changes to ACL's - how do I see this info?

Thanks,

Lashan

P.S: I couldn't get digital signature working on 7.0 (no issues in 6.0). If anybody has any ideas appreciate if you could post a solution in thread

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

I can only suggest you to use the lastest available version of EasyDMS. There were a lot of changes between version 6 and 7. Therefore it is not possible to describe all the changes in the mentioned notes.

Most of the changes do not necessarily bring in new functionality but made EasyDMS more stable, raise performance or correct reported bugs.

This is also because version 6 is used by a lot of SAP EasyDMS customers and SAP still support version 6 but recommends to upgrade to the latest version 7.

Regarding the ACL traceability I can point you to note 1127251 which provides maybe more information on the ACL change documents.

Regarding more information in EasyDMS 7 I can only advise you to download the installation files and there you will find CHM files which contain a detailed documentation for EasyDMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph, the note on ACL change docs was very helpful and yes, I will try playing around in EasyDMS 7.0 more.

By the way, I can't find EDMS 7.0 for download in the SAP Support Portal. I am looking at the following path under Downloads --> Installations and Upgrades --> Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group --> Supplementary Components for Cross Industry Solutions --> Life-Cycle Data Management --> SAP EASY DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT

Is the above path correct?

Thanks,

Lashan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

please see SAP note 1314600 where the correct download path is displayed.

You can also search with 'EasyDMS7' on the SAP Service Marketplace.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

Read "Readme.txt' for details.

Few features new in 7.0 are.

- Microsoft Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit support.

- Improved Automatic Check-In/Check-Out functionality.(better handling with Excle and txt files and more featues like baloon notification)

- Several files with the same name in the same folder can be viewed, edited, or synchronized.(Very helpful offiline feature)

- SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM) 7.0 process integration: You can create, edit, and delete documents in SAP PLM 7.0 using SAP Easy Document Management 7.0.

- support SAP PLM 7.0 authorization concept.(ACC)

- Supports SAP Standard installation. (Better installation and uipgrade similar to SAP GUI)

- Several registry entries can be centrally maintained to control the behavior of the application.(Centrally controlled registry- Better deployment control and user control as reg keys can be controlled from HKLM )

- With SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4, you can track changes made to an ACL.