cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites to setup configure mail scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to know the necessary prerequisites which need to be setup in the XI server, to send email messages thru XI. Also is there any step-by-step guide to setup this xi-mail secnario?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

NS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

<i>I need to know the necessary prerequisites which need to be setup in the XI server,</i>

To send the mail, you can directly use mail exchange Server in the Receiver Mail Adapter. But to receive a mail, you XI server should poll your mailbox.

Here you go-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

For SDN TV- multiple XI scenarios..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting this error in the the RWB mail adapter. Please advise.

<b>error occured: [2006-05-21T13:29:14Z] unable to call the mailer; com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Failed to call the endpoint [null "null"]; nested exception caused by: com.sap.aii.messaging.srt.BubbleException: Unsupported protocol for XMBMailCallerService: http [null "null"]</b>

Regards,

NS

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Swamy,

Check the Receiver Mail Adapter configuration.

1) Exchange Server URL. SMTP//<Mail Exchange ServerId>

2)Check the blogs once again.

3) Check these threads-

Hope this will solve your problem..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am getting this following error in the Adapter Monitor:

<b>not intiliazed: failed to initialize the channel: com.sap.aii.messaging.util.URI$MalformedURIException: no scheme</b>

Regards,

NS.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swamy,

I think this error is because of URL problem or

Probably the parser does not support this URL data format.

1) Check the Message Format i.e input to the Mail Adapter

i.e downloaded mail xsd from the service market place

2) Check the Mail Exchange Server URL.. and base64 option in the Mail Adapter

Thanks,

Moorthy