cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius 2008 & Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on when Windows 7 will be a supported operating system for Xcelsius 2008? My understanding is that it will be supported at some point in time. I have potential clients that won't purchase the software unless it is supported or there is a defined time frame. I believe they are worried that a new edition will come out right after they just spent the money on the old one. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Windows 7, they can download and install the Windows XP Virtual Mode and install it under that. Then it will run as if it is on Windows XP not Windows 7. This is per the folks at Microsoft.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we know about some of the issues that will come up when running SP3 on Windows 7?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xcelsius 2008 SP3 & Win 7: I can't export to the BO Enterprise repository

0 Kudos

Yes there is issue of exporting flash files into BOE. The File name textbox is not visible, seems there is some frame issues. But you can still overwrite the file contents. Else create the flash file from CMC and then overwrite them using xcelsius export. This worked fine for me.

Does anyone have a list of issues while working between Xcelsius 2008 and Windows 7. Please post if available.

Thanks,

Kishore BG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1493882 says that they have raised ADAPT 01458995 for this issue. So your guess is as good as anyone's as to when and if Windows 7 will be supported by Dashboard Design 2008...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

See:

Regards

Matt

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tom,

No, it is no supported with Windows 7. Perhaps you will be able install it, but all the features might not work. Document says only following systems are supported.

u2022 Windows XP

u2022 Windows Server 2003

u2022 Windows Vista

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe Tom's question wasn't is it supported but rather will it be supported

Which I'd like to know too so I can factor that into my decision on whether or not to "upgrade" windows