cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Alert not coming through to Alert Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im having an issue with Alerts not coming through to my Alert Inbox. I am able to run transaction RSALERTTEST, which through this the Alert comes to my inbox for my specific Alert Category.

However, when I try and execute an actual scenario, the alert does not come through. I've double checked the filters on the rule and the are correct. When I run Report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, i am able to see the following error:

!Function Module SALRT_CREATE_API raised:alert_category_uknown <RuleName: Material Alert> <AlertCategory: ALERT_MATERIALS>

However, my Alert category I am using ALERT_MATERIALS appears in the runtimeworkbench and seems configured correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Uncheck the rule "suppress multiple rule" from the RWB. Alrts are not generated if an alert exists for a given rule with this option set.

Schedule the job RSALERTPROC to delete the expired job.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Have you configured the container for the alert using the ALRTCATDEF transaction?

BR,

Lucas Santos

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try unchecking suppress multiple alerts n RWB and check...

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Check the following note for issues with alerts:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you assign your user id in the alert category under the recipients?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts..

Please give any suggestions on this.. I am also facing the same issue and not able to see how this error can be resolved.

Regards,

Prasanna.