cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Data from From to Webdynpro not happening

former_member82844
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using Netweaver 7.0 sp19 . I have run through multiple scenarios and demo programs and I cannot get the Interactive form to pass the data to or from the JAVA Webdynpro program. The Interactive form is setup as Native (using ZCI). I am at a loss as to why this is happening and have not found any suitable solution to try.

I can get the 'Submit' button to activate the event on the webdynpro side but that is all.

If anyone has any ideas, pelase let me know.

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member82844
Participant
0 Kudos

Some Further information:

I have gone through the 'How to Create Online and Offline Forms in Web Dynpro for Java' how to guide yet again. The reqults I have got this time are:

When I create the PDF document and the attribute for the Interactive object are:

Display type = native

mode = updateDataInPDF

When I run this, the submit button displayes the contexts I typed in. This shows that I anm getting the data Out of the PDF and into the Webdynpro program.

When I create a view for the interactive form that has:

Display type = native

mode = usePdf

When I bring in the form, I can see the data that the form was saved with but when I press the submit button, It is executing the submit actionin the webdynpro but there is no data in the context which indicates that the data is not being passed from the PDF back to the Webdynpro application.

Whan am I missing?

Glenn

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Raghu's last reply here --> & Hanoz replies here -->

Chintan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member82844
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction. I added the following code to the onSubmit action and I was able to see the data.

WDInteractiveFormHelper.transferPDFDataIntoContext(
			wdContext.currentContextElement().getPDFObject(),
			wdContext.nodeTravelData());

For anyone that has the problem of not getting the data back into the PDF when using mode usePDF, the above code does the trick .