cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF integration of characteristics that were deleted at APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we had some characteristics in APO that were transfered from the ECC. But since it was no longer used they were deleted at the APO system. But now we need to use againd some of these characteristics, and when we try to integrate this characteristic they stopped at the APO inbond queue whith the message "master data missing for characteristic &&".

I checked the table TCL_ATINN_IDENT in APO and the characteristics that were deleted in the past are still there but with an internal number at the field ATINN_NEW.

Does anyone knows how can we proced with this issue?

Is there any report to clean this data in the table?

thanks in advance

Thiago Cyrillo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We use the SCM 7.0 and the ECC 6.0.

The characteristics were deleted in the transaction CT04 using the button "Delete".

Thanks and Best Regards

Thiago Cyrillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

I will suggest to de-activate the CIF model (meant for those characteristics) and re-activate it.

Meanwhile I will try to simulate this in out server.

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We have already tried to de-activate and re-activate the integration model, we also tried to delete and create another integration model, but those characteristics stop at the SCM Inbound Queue. with the massage "Master Data Missing for Characteristic number &&"

Thanks and Best Regards

Thiago Cyrillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

Are you able to find some entry related to those characteristic using "where used list" in APO?

Can you give some test data to create and simulate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may use CT12 for "where used list".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

when I put those characteristic in CT04, the system asks if I want to create one, because the characteristic do not exist.

The only place where I could find those characteristic is the table TCL_ATINN_IDENT

Thanks and Best Regards

Thiago Cyrillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as additional check you may run the transaction Ct12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, and the system says that the characteristic do not exist or not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will need your help in creating this scenario in our system. Step by step. This will help understanding as to what we are referring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is note 658382 which should be useful. Although SAP has not updated this note for quite sometime. You may want to follow up with SAP on this note and also see whether changes suggested by note are there in system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is note 658382 which should be useful. Although SAP has not updated this note for quite sometime. You may want to follow up with SAP on this note and also see whether changes suggested by note are there in system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I"ll try to explain this issue.

1 - We had a class (type 300) with some characteristics in ECC that were integrated with APO;

2 - When this class (type 300 and 400 in APO) and characteristcs were not used anymore in APO, they were deleted (classes and characteristics);

3 - But today we need to use these characteristic again.

4 - We have some classes (type 300) that is integrated with APO. These classes has the organizational Area M that is created in ECC and APO;

5 - Those characteristics that were deleted from APO, is now in attributed at the new classes that are integrated with APO;

6 - To Integrate those characteristic we put the organizational area M in them at the related classes;

7 - After that those characterist stop at the APO (inboud Queue SMQ2).

Let me know if you could replicate the issue

thanks and Best Regards

Thiago Cyrillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thiago. Meanwhile you may followup with SAP with respect to above note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

to function we have to run the report /SAPAPO/MC01_CACL_FROM_R3

thanks for the help

Thiago Cyrillo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiago,

Which release of APO and R/3 you are using? And when you say "Characteristics were deleted in APO", what does that mean? What steps were taken to delete them?