cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force language on BAPI METADATA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm developing a new web dynpro java application (only in English ) based on BAPI, I've no problem to deploy and run it with English user. However, when i try to test it with French user Iu2019ve got some missing description in the header of my results table (METADATA).

After some investigations on ABAP side, my objects have no French description, so i try to find out how can i force language to retrieve METADATA of my BAPI in English?

Points if helpful.

Best regards,

Hichem

Edited by: hichem tlemsani on Sep 29, 2009 3:28 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the JCO metadata language to english using the "WebDynpro Content Administrator"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aviad,

Thank you for your quick answer, Iu2019m using currently two Jco:

XXX_METADATA with:

• User definition: useDefinedUser

• User: XXXX (technical user with English profile: Iu2019m using ABAP UME based scenario)

• Password: XXXXX

• Language: EN

XXX_MODELDATA with:

• User definition: useSSO

• Language: EN

As you've noted, all my Jco are configured correctly, unfortunately, my French users still have a missing description of some ABAP objects that have not a French description.

Let me know if there is another way to go through this.

Thanks a lot.

Hichem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

More suggestions?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try setting the iView language to EN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

I set these iveiw's properties to english:

Parameters to Pass from Page Request (for URL Isolation): &language=EN

Forced Request Language: English

Master Language: en

Web Dynpro Group parameters: Application parameters: &language=EN

With all these setting i continue to got some french labels in my columns titles.

Some ideas ?

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that those ABAP objects does not contain French descriptions?

Try executing the BAPI with SE37 (logging in english) and post the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

Let me be in-clearer than before:

When I've connected with english user to my application, all things work perfectly no issues

However, when i've connected with french user some ABAP objects are displayed without any label, and some objects with french version. No english labels at all.

So, Even I delete remaining French labels, I'll get Web Dynpro java application without any labels !!!

I've met this issue on my Qualification portal, while my Developement work nicely:

French user get abap object displayed on french if exists if not it's displayed in english (This is what I want)

So, the question is: Where can I fix this problem, by configuring my BAPI!! or some thing else?

SE37 doesn't much help me, I've connected with english user and I've got results with technical labels

/BIC/ZORNE O C /BIC/ZSPEN /BIC/ZORPR TXTSH TXTMD

B100 A 07_CN NU acP acP

Regards,

Edited by: hichem tlemsani on Oct 5, 2009 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can force the user language to EN in the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aviad,

Thanks for quick reply,

My UME Portal is based on ABAP, so I don't know how to perform forcing language on portal ? All user portal settings are disabled from "user management" application: language, name, email,...

Do you suggest calling a standard BAPI to change temporally the language of user?

Let me know

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the way Im seeing it the French language is somehow transfered to the backend (in the QA system).

You said that you have checked and rechecked all connectivity related objects (JCO, iViews etc.) in the QA system and all point to english - but my guess is that somehow you missed something.

It is strange that everything works ok in the DEV system but moving to QA it start acting differently.

Please recheck.

Otherwise, I'm all out of ideas.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aviad,

In my opinion, it's server or portal configuration issue, we've difference between DEV and QAL environments, but I don't know where? My iviews and WD JAVA application are exactly the same because i just transport theme to VAL.

Anyway, thank you for your help. I let my question Open to others WD JAVA developers

Best regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I finnaly find a solution, we have to set Jco Modeldata to the desired language.

Thanks for help

Hichem