cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver DB - Baan DB - Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an interface - SAP - PI - Baan DB. The adapters were Proxy - JDBC.

The receiver JDBC adapter takes almost 30 mins to insert - 16K records. It is terribly slow. The only thing we have in the proxy code on the sender side is that it sends a request for acknowledgement from JDBC receiver. After the data is inserted "after 30 mins", the ack is sent very quick - say 3 sec.

We are on SP 18 of PI 7.0.

I have tried with batchmode in the JDBC receiver comm channel, that did not help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to Prateek,

>The receiver JDBC adapter takes almost 30 mins to insert - 16K records. It is terribly slow.

>I have tried with batchmode in the JDBC receiver comm channel, that did not help.

The Baan DB might be unable to accomodate the records pushed from the PI, For testing try to send 1K records ..It will be processed immediately.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri,

I have tried with 750 records, it was taking around 2 mins. I tried with Batchmode and also disabling the log on comm channel.

When I looked at the threads, only 1 is used always.

Any other thoughts...please

reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We opened a message with SAP. We were asked by SAP to apply couple of patches.

We are in the process of doing that. After applying patches, I will let you know my findings.

reg

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my experience, these are the things that could be used to improve JDBC performance

1. You may increase the thread count for JDBC related queues. This has to be done in accordance with SAP Note 1084161.

2. There is parameter in JDBC communication channel called Maximum Concurrency. It signifies that one communication channel can make how many connections to database. This is 1 by default and could be increased to some values like 3-4.

3. In the Visual Admin/ NWA, there is a parameter called as queueParallelism.maxReceivers which defines the number of parallel worker threads for one receiver channel instance. This should be done following SAP Note 1136790. This can be done along with the first point.

Regards,

Prateek