SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL - ISU BP & SD Customer Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using EMIGALL PARTNER object to migrate the ISU BP and at the same time i would like to create the SD BP automatically.

As we are using the reference customer from the front end to create the SD customer, I am giving same reference customer in EMIGALL field MUSTER_KUN.

Apart from reference customer, I am also using the KNA1 structure to migrate some additional data for e.g. attribute 1,2,3...etc

What system is doing, it is migrating all the customer data except the data in the KNA1 structure.

Both the ISU and SD customers are getting created succesfully, except the KNA1 data and also there is no error message in the EMIGALL.

Has anybody faced such type of issue.

Am I missing something which causing me this issue?

Cheers,

Suraj

5 REPLIES 5

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

I hope the problem is not that no KNA1 entry is created at all. I understand that the KNA1 entry is created but not with the transferred changed values.

You have two options when you create a business partner and want to have also an SD customer with the same number created, you have two options:

- usage of a template (MUSTER_KUN field): the application copies the template saves the copy after changing the ID

- transferring all relevant data in the relevant structures of the SD customer

IMHO there is no way to use a template AND to change the SD customer data at the same day during data migration; no merge of data fields takes place. You will need to use the PARTNERCHA migration object to change attributes to other values than the value provided by the template.

If it is possible to categorize the different attributes you may choose to create more than one template and use the appropriate template when creating a business partner.

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually I have used the PARTNERCHA object also to migrate the KNA1 data, even though I am not able to populate the KNA1 data into the SD customer.

I have also created the separate template which has some value for these additional attributes, but again I am unable to migrate the KNA1 data.

Just one point I would like to ask you, I am not able to see the KNA1 structure in the EMIGALL front screen, for this I have to go and select the Industry ON then only I am able to see this structure in both PARTNER and PARTNERCHA objects. The KNA1 structure is already generated.

Let me know your valuable inputs.

Thanks and regards,

Suraj

Edited by: Suraj Jadhav on Sep 29, 2009 8:38 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Which Industry Solution has been installed in your system? The KNA1 structure is delivered as bound to the activation of the EA-FINSERV software component (double-click on KNA1, choose Structure -> Display, choose tab sofware component).

If you maintain different templates for the creation of SD-customers, why do you still want to change attributes of the created SD-customers?

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using IS Utilities ECC 6.0 and CRM 7.0

EA-FINSERV software component is already maintained for KNA1 structure, even then I have to select the industry ON for KNA1 to display on the front screen.

I would like to populate/migrate the field ATTRIBUTE 4 maintained in the additional data for SD Customer

I have followed the below mentioned steps:

- I have created the REFERENCE customer by populating the name, address and additional data attribute 4

- Migrated the ISU BP using PARTNER object in EMIGALL and its done without any error.

- During this step I have used the MUSTER_KUN template and SD customer created successfully

- I have also passed the sales area data in structure INIT and its also updated in the SD customer.

- Except the KNA1 structure data all the data is getting populated.

I have also used the other approach like

-creating only ISU BP using PARTNER object without MUSTER_KUN field

-then for SD customer used the PARTNERCHA object with MUSTER_KUN

-In this case the additional data attribute 4 used in the REFERENCE customer template also got replaced with BLANK value.

If we create the BP in CRM system with some value in the attribute 4, its also getting replicated successfully to SD customer in the back end system.

Please let me know your suggestions.

regards,

Suraj

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any help for me.

I think it should atleast work using the Partner Change object.

If not then we need to raise an OSS note for this.

Regards,

Suraj