cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with system alias from desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am working on a SAP transaction iView and related ITS system object in EP 6.0 SP16. The transaction IView works fine in preview mode when tested in the page and workset. However when I log onto the Portal with a test account then I get a Java error:

Unable to lookup System 'DemoAlias'. Please check the system object and the alias.

I know that the system object works OK in preview mode because if I change ITS properties slightly then preview mode fails.

Any ideas of the problem or which logfiles to inspect?

Thanks!

Alan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Looks like a security problem. If I assign the test user to the super_administrator role then it works. Any suggestions on exactly what access is needed to look up the system object/alias?

Thanks,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alan

do the following in portal

go to System Administration -> Permissions -> Portal Content -> Navigate to ur system right click open permission

in the right side enter everyone group with read permission

and check the 'End User' check box

Save the permissions and try again.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solved the problem, thanks to everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check out this thread.

it might be useful.

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan

assign the system alias DemoAlias to ur ITS system.

system administration -> system configuration ->locate ur ITS system under portal content.-> right click open system aliases

add DemoAlais to this system. and check again whether the ITS iview is working or not.

if it's not woking look at the user mapping for system

regards,

kaushal

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I guess the problem is the User Mapping. you mentioned that you are login into the Portal using a test account to see the Transaction iViews onto the Portal. Did you map this test user to a valid user who has the authorization to run that particular transaction in the R/3 backend system. Double check that.

Still if you get error on the system alias then check that are you creation the same name for the alias as it is required for the Portal to connect to R/3 I think "DemoAlias" & also ensure while you create the alias that it is ready for user mappings.

If you look into these I think surely it will work.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guru