cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access EDID4 table from o.s level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to access sap table EDID4 from o.s level but it says table/view does not exist.

normally we use sap db owner to access the sap tables at os level for ex. sapsr3.usr01 i am able to access this table.

but in case of EDID4 table i am not able to access with sapsr3.edid4 (this is cluster table)

please advice me on this .

Thanks,

Kasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

You cannot see the EDID4 table directly on database level, because it's a cluster table.

Here's what SAP says in note 592393:

Unlike transparent tables, the pool and cluster tables defined in the R/3 system do not have a direct equivalent at Oracle level. Instead, their data is stored in relevant table pools or table clusters. Only these pools and clusters have an equivalent at database level.

The logic, which is used to extract the data of the pool and cluster tables from the table pools or table clusters, is integrated in the R/3 kernel. You do not have the option to copy this logic at Oracle level. Therefore, you can only ever access R/3 pool and cluster tables with R/3 tools.

Also refer to Note 581312, which explains that direct access to SAP data via non-SAP interfaces is only allowed on a restricted basis.

Unfortunately I don't know which name SAP is using for the cluster, but SAP's comments seem to discourage us from direct access...

Hhhhmm, even in SE11 you can see that the menu entries Utilities -> Database Object -> ... are grayed out. From SE11 going into the database utility I can see the tablespace though (button Storage parameters ). So I guess with some further research one should be able to find the cluster name by looking at the objects in the tablespace, but ideally somebody else has some better idea...

Best wishes, harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is table EDI40 (and EDIDC as header table), but the data is stored in binary format - cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks harald...good information

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find owner of this table using below query:

select owner from dba_tables where table_name='<table name>'

Then try...

Thanks

Sunny