cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Setting up Cross System Object Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

All-

I have performed the mandatory setup tasks identified in the IMG documentation but still facing some issues. My scenario is that I have 2 development clients (in separate systems). I have activated CSOL for both clients, globally distributed the configuration, and generated the required RFC destinations.

When I make a table change in Dev Client A the lock entries are being created ( I can see them in/tmwflow/lockmon). However when I log into Dev Client B and make a change to the same table (under a different user ID), I am not being prompted with an error...which I assume is what is supposed to happen.

Anyone know what I may be missing? Or perhaps I am not following the process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure you have activated cross-system object locking for the system-client in /tmwflow/cmsconf. Also what conflict analysis have you selected?

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kriti - As mentioned I have performed the setup tasks.

In /tmwflow/cmsconf I have selected 'active' for each development client. Conflict analysis setting is Cross-Project, Client-Specific. Does this sound right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check if the table you are modifying is a client independent or dependent table. If it is client dependent table it will not give you the error since the second time you are modifying the table in different client.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses Kriti however I'm not sure I understand. The table I am testing the change on is T009T. It appears as this is a client dependent table. The locks are being maintained in SolMan, I can see them.

Is there a setting where we can change so we will get the warning for client dependent changes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can refer to note 981729. Also as per my understanding you cannot get error messages for client specific tables across different clients.

In your case you made change to table T009T in say DEv Client 1, so the lock is generated. If you try to modify the same table on another transport in dev client 1, you will see the error/warning message.

However you are modifying this client dependent table in DEv Client 2. This will not give you the error. Also check if this created a new entry in the lock table in you solution manager system (for changes made in DEV client 2).

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late response. Actually, no the lock is not being displayed in SolMan when i make the change in Dev client 2. However, if I try to make the change (in Dev client 2) with a user who does not have an ID in SolMan I get an RFC error...so I know it is trying to do something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kriti,

What do you mean by conflict-analysis setting? In what transaction we will set this conflict analysis?

Regards

Kumar

Answers (0)