cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have reffered several Blogs on how to do settings for ABAP server Proxy. But Still I am no able to see the Message Interfaces in

my R/3 system under t-code SPROXY.

Now my very basic understanding is :-

1.) I need to create TYPE H connection in SAP XI which points to target host SAP R/3.

2.)Next I need to add this as my application system in my SXMB_ADM of SAP XI.

3.)Next I need to maintain J2EE Conection parameters for LCRSAPRFC & SAPSLDAPI in SAP J2EE engine under category

Cluster --> Server --> Services. JCo RFC provider . AlLthough I am not able to do this entry as I dont have access to Visual Admin.

Is this mandant to perform this activity to let my Message Interfaces appear in SPROXY of SAP R/3 ???

If not what else I am missing due to which I am not able to see my interfaces in SAP ECC 6.0 --> SPROXY.

Also I have given a SLDCHECK and it is totally fine in SAP XI.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do to the collective advises given by all the experts I was able to fing the solution to my problem.

Thanks everbody

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please cross check your entries in SLDAPICUST transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumesh,

Do you mean to say that I have to explicity make the entries in SLDAPICUST in SAP R/3 for SAP XI??

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please maintain the entry in SLDAPICUST, if not maintained yet.

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please maintain the entry in SLDAPICUST, if not maintained yet.

sumesh_k2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please cross check your entries in SLDAPICUST transaction.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

Some of the steps you have mentioned are actually to be performed in your SAP R/3 system:

Refer this blog to see the basic settings that need to be done on the sap r/3 system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417100)ID0941490350DB00049834407112132757End...

Regards,

Ravi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SPROXY you could click the button "Connection Test" this will give you some hints what is to do.

Regards

Patrick

BTW there should be a RFC destinations of type G to the Repository (to get the data).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Patrik,

I have found something Like Test tab in SPROXY but it is not at all having an option for "Conection Test" but inturn I have found option for Test with categories as 1.) Test Category 2.) Test Catalog Management 3.) Test Plan Management . Is it mandatory to have RFC connections as Type G ??

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there should be a button "Connection Test" with a green flash as symbol.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Yes I did the Connection test and I have understood the need for having TYPE G connection . But while creating the TYPE G connection what should be exactly my Service No. & Path Prefix ??? I tried with Service no:- 1080 and Path prefix :- rep and then

executed the report "SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS" and it was unable to trace the ESR . Also I changed the Service no :- 50000

as its the Java port for my ESR( XI Server ) but then also on testing it gave HTTP Error 400.

What to do next ???

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nishant,

Need to do the below

SAP R/3

1. Connection establishment to SAP XI

for this need to create a RFC destination of type H with url details of SAP PI i.e port : HTTP Port (8000) and prefix : /sap/xi/engine?type=entry and logon details

2. once RFC destination is created need to configure the Integration server as role of application system

for this go to SXMB_ADM global configuration provide the url as dest://RFC destionation name of HTTP created above

3.Need to configure the IS_URL parameter in integration engine configuration

under specific configuration need to do this

there are some other settings to i think you already created the same (LCRSAPRFC,SAPSLDAPI..) this need to be created in R/3

SAP PI

1. Register your SAP R/3 in SLD i.e create Technical system of type WebAs ABAP and business system in PI

2. configure the role as application system

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Sep 29, 2009 7:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry I was reading the checklist a little bit too fast and you will need the RFC connection only if you exchange profile is not configured.

At least you could run SXMB_IFR and the link to the Enterprise Services Builder will contain the used host and port.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have my XI server having host ip :- 10.143.3.17 , and the Java port 50000, so I have created a TYPE G connection in R/3 and have the same machine IP and the service no as 50000, and the path prefix as "/rep/start/repository.jnlp" but when I do connection test and then check the report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS It says "Canot determine repository version". Then I click continue and I obseve the following:-

Default Destination:- SAP_PROXY_ESR (name of the RFC destination of TYPE G)

Actually Used:- http://10.143.3.17:50000/rep/start/repository.jnlp from HTTP destination: SAP_PROXY_ESR

Where exactly is the error , because when i open the URL :-http://10.143.3.17:50000/rep/start/repository.jnlp I am able to directly GOTO to my ESR.

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

The path prefix shoudl be /rep

Use PIAPPLUSER in logon and security tab

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I have one more doubt . If the entries are present in the Exchange Profile of SAP XI , in that case I need not to have the RFC destination of TYPE G required to be configured in my R/3 system. But If that is the case then how does R/3 retreive parameters from SAP XI. Is that why we have to explicitly make entry in t-code SLDAPICUST for SAP XI.

Regards

Nishant Kumar Singh