Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 SR1 Installation

joseph_manjiyil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to know how to install the SAP ECC 6.0 package as a standalone on a computer. Can the ECC 6.0 be installed on Windows Vista ? or is it necessary to have Windows Server 2003? Can I install ECC 6.0 on a Windows Server 2003 32 bit version?

What is the harddisk capacity required to install the ECC 6.0 ? I have the Database Oracle 10.2.0.1.4

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For hardware info, check http://service.sap.com/pam.

As far as database is concerned oracle 10.2.0.1 is not supported . you have to go to oracle 10.2.0.2

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the options you mentioned Win Server 32-bit is your best option as the others are not supported.

The other guys already mentioned the Oracle version needs to be at least 10....2

Regarding space that will depend on what you are doing with it, is it a blank new DB install? Are you copying another system to this one? You would need at least a few dozen Gb for a blank install, spread into several partions e.g. One partion for SAP executables, another one for data files, another for log lies, etc. Look on the install guide for ECC and you'll find the minimum requirements for partions, allocation to partitions and the minimum space for them.

You can find the install guides at service.sap.com -> downloads -> install and upgrade guides.

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP only supports Server versions of Windows. "Personal" versions like Vista or XP are never supported. Installing it on such a version might work technically but you would be out of support or, if this is an installation for private use, in breach of SAP licencing.

As Sunny has already told you, you should install Oracle 10.2.0.2 or 10.2.0.4. Version 10.2.0.1 is not supported (and not reliable either).

Regards,

Mark