cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to backend system in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When trying to run VC model it is showing the error message "Failed to connect to backend system Check your system and User previliges".

However I am able to test successfully the Test Connection for Connectors from the System Landscape in portals for the System definition created.

Also I am able to fetch the FM in the Find Data tab and drag them to the VC storyboard.

But when I am trying to test the VC model it shows a pop up with the above message.

I have checked the user previleges and all is fine.

Can someone please help to give a pointer that what could be missing.

We have just upgraded to EHP1 SP4.

Regards

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For that your 'VC User ID' should have access to that function module. You can create ID for that function module & give require authorization & then map this newly created ID to your VC ID. Then only you can see the data. Rest what you mentioned can be accessed without this authorization also, but at the time of execution you cannot see the data.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can try to add your user SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW privileges, and the Administrators group, to see if it's a permission problem.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for your response.

However the problem still persists. I have exactly the same user authorization and previlegis in backend and portal for the user on development and QA.

However the model works perfectly on development and retreives data.

But in QA it gives a problem when i execute the model. As I had mentioned I can find the data services and drag them to the VC designtime in QA.

Thanks for helping me out and letting me know if I am missing something.

Regards

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does your system Alias is the same between DEV and QUA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to check, after transporting your VC model, data service in that model is of 'Dev' or 'QA'? If it is development then you cannot access it from QA. For this you either have to map both systems in portal or in development select data service as 'QA' & then transport the whole model again.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep and Fabien,

The System alias is same on both Dev and QA portal.

And the data service from Dev is transported zo QA so the VC model on QA refers to the data service on QA and VC model on Dev refers to data service on Dev.

The problem still persists. Please let me know if you think I may be missing something.

Please help in finding the solution to this issue. It is driving me crazy now.

I am able to search the data service i.e. FM or BAPI in the design time on story board. But when i execute the same VC model it shows the error " Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges".

The user has the portal Admin role.

Points will be awarded for useful answers.

Regards

Sundeep

Edited by: Sundeep Sethi on Oct 1, 2009 2:11 PM

Edited by: Sundeep Sethi on Oct 6, 2009 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Chk this thread..it might be useful in your case...

/message/7498777#7498777 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Sudheer kareti.

Answers (0)