Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed storage type for Batch materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

following are the my queries

Need to create one storage type for mixed materials ( ie system should allow multiple batches in single storage bin)

please tell me how to configure in the system and what are the setting require in storage type level

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following configuration setting with proper selection to overcome your problem

SPRO --> Logistics Execution --> Warehouse Management --> Master Data --> Define Storage Type

Select your warehouse and storage type and set the following data as per your requirement

Mixed storage not allowed

A Several homogeneous storage units per bin

B Several batches per bin and pallet (only SU bulk storage)

C Several batches per bin (only SU bulk storage)

P One mixed storage unit per bin

X Mixed storage without limitations

Regards,

K.Annadurai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

please put the putaway strategy as C i.e. Open storage & put X in Addition to Existing Stock & X in Mixed Storage.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

I think system behaviour is correct if you get error.Why because I believe SAP recommends Mixed storage B or C if you have the Putaway strategy Bulk Storage " B" . As the description for mixed storage itself suggests the same .But you are trying to maintain the same for different strategy.

For your scenario whatever be the strategy other than Bulk storage 'B' according to your business comfort,Configure the Mixed storage indicator as 'X" that will address you to putaway to bin without any limitations irrespective of the batch,material etc.,

Hope this is what your requirement is.

Shrenu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been following this thread with pretty much the same question.   Even though my storage type is set up with Bulk Storage 'B' I still get the error when entering B or C mixed storage.    The only time I don't get the error is if I choose 'blank' or 'X' (neither of these will work)

*Need Storage Type (for Finished Goods pull slot / bin) - to have only one material number but to allow more than one batch / quant at a time.

So far I'm not able to accomplish this by just trying to put a "C" in the mixed storage for the storage type.....can get past the error

Mixed storage C only allowed in block storage managed for storage units

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this,

Putaway strategy - L

Mixed storage - B or C

Regards,

K.Annadurai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Annadurai

I tried to but same following error message is coming

"Mixed storage C only allowed in block storage managed for storage units"

can u tell if i missing some other confioguration

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the previous values under the "Stock placement control" Field "Mixed Storage" you need to maitain the value as "B" or "C"

Regards,

K.Annadurai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear K.Annadurai.

if i maintained putaway stategies K - Near Picking bin and under mixed storage :B

Then system gives following error message

"Mixed storage C only allowed in block storage managed for storage units"

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear K.Annadurai.

Thanks for your reply

I want to know that what should i select in puaway strategies ?

Regards

Suman