Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bw variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all and thanks for every answer,

my problem is this:

i made a bw query universe based.

in the bw query there are some restricred key figure (i used a variable on month [MMAAAA])

On this universe i want to create 12 queries (always the same) but i want that only one query ask me the month (using my bw variable) and that the other queries (if needed using other variables) read the input value and add to my month 1, 2, ..., 11 (i need to see a year in month).

Is it possible (and how) using a variable in a restricred key figures in bw?

actually creating 12 queries the system ask me only one value for my variable because it uses the same value for all the queries

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BO universe is designed on the top of BW query. The BW variables are converted to prompts in BO.

So, you will be asked for the user response only once irrespective of the no. of BO queries you made on the same universe.

Also BO accepts the user input for all the prompts at a single go whatever the no. of BO queries.

And if this prompt is not applied on a particular class, and made mandatory in BW query, it will be applied to all the BO queries made on the same universe simulatneously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all thanks for your answer.

so is it impossible to use other variables that read the first prompt varaible value and add 1,2...etc.??

can't i modify any object in the universe designer to solve this problem?

or

can't i modify the bw variable or use anything like a condition when i create the other 11 queries?

do you think that i could solve that problem BO side?

thank for reply

Edited by: alemel on Sep 29, 2009 5:56 PM

Edited by: alemel on Sep 29, 2009 6:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so is it impossible to use other variables that read the first prompt varaible value and add 1,2...etc.??

Not very much clear to me. But anyways...

You can create new objects or modify any object definitions at the BO level in BO designer.

So, you can create prompts in the BO universe designer and need to pull the same in BO Query's condition panel.

Lets consider the scenario you have multiple BO query in a report:

Query 1

Query 2

And you have created prompts(acts as a filter in BO and asks for user response at run time) in the universe as:

Prompt 1, Prompt 2, Prompt 3, Prompt 4

Assume

Query 1 has Prompt 1

Query 2 has Prompt 2 and Prompt 3

In this scenario: Only Prompt 1 will be applied to the query 1.

Prompt 2, Prompt 3 will be applied to query 2.

Prompt 4 will not be applied to any query.

Also you will be asked for all the user response(here 3 prompts) at once before refreshing the report.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)