cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap monitoring shows only errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with a new installed PI 7.1 and my first PI scenario was a test of a SOAP to RFC scenario. I defined a WSDL and use a client to generate a request and send it.

My problem was that the Abap monitoring (sxmb_moni) didn't show me any messages sent. Then I set loggin parameter true because my scenario uses synchronous communication, and I rememberd to read that in order to make synchronous messages persistent loggin has to be se to true. I can see messages now, but only when they are cancelled due to an error. The successful ones just aren't showed (I'm not using any filter other than the time). However I can see them in the RWB monitoring.

Is there anything wrong? Should I make any other administration task? I've worked with 7.0 with the same type of scenarios and I had not this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you configure the parameter LOGGING or LOGGING_SYNC? Only if you activate LOGGING_SYNC you can also see successfully processed synchronous messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes both are set to 1 now. The funny thing is that I did set only loggin first, and then it started to show erroneous messages (while the scenario is sync). Later I've set loggin_sync to 1 too, but nothing changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should be LOGGING_SYNC and LOGGING and not loggin and loggin_sync.

Now set both those values to 1 and try

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

They were already in upper case. Sorry for the missunderstanding, my fault.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I've found out that the parameter ENGINE_TYPE (category runtime) is set to UNDEFINED. Might that be the root of the problem? I've tried to change it to HUB, but it fails because client 001 is already defined as integration server.

Ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I SOLVED IT!!!

All I had to do was setting LOGGIN AND LOGGIN_SYNC under the proper sap client, the one that was specified as ENGINE_TYPE = HUB. First I was doing it under client 100 but that was set as ENGINE_TYPE = UNDEFINED, so I had to set it in the client 001.

Now I have another problem, I just can't filter the messages by component, interface or namespace. The system just can't find any. But I'll start another thread for it.

Thanks for the answers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should think about configuring your system correctly, so can work in the right client etc. Otherwise such problems will occur again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I am not sure if I got your right - you have synch communication and are able to see entries in RWB monitoring, but by clicking on single mess you don't see the audit log. Only the log for erroneous messages is available.

In difference to older versions AF Messaging System on PI 7.1 does not persist the audit log for successfully processed messages. Pls refer to the following blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417300)ID0083704650DB01088415040135137719End...

BR

Rudolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolf,

not exactly. My problem is not in RWB but in the ABAP monitoring (transaction sxmb_moni). There I can only see messages if they are erroneous. In RWB I can see both.

By the way, with audit log you mean the details of a message?

Greetings.

Former Member
0 Kudos