Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got warning message from SDN

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Today i got an email that i was answering so many times the basic questions....i feel sad that i got a warning message that my account will be deleted..I am sorry first of all as i answered basic question, but the warning message which i got made me feel sad...As per my knowledge correct me if iam wrong i twice or thrice i answered basic questions. last year i didn't answer much and i also not aware of the rules and engagements which are changed from 2007 , unfortunately i got few messages from SDN and i rectified my mistakes and stopped replying to some questions for example copy pasting others code,questions related to dates, interview questions.....

I am sorry to the SDN for answering basic question for twice or thrice... But only thing which felt me very sad is the message which quotes my id will be deleted...

People still asking basic questions and interview questions..I want to know what are the steps that SDN is taking for the people who asking these type of questions.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to know what are the steps that SDN is taking for the people who asking these type of questions.

To me this looks like they are starting to make sure the basic questions aren't answered everytime they are asked. That way the incentive for asking basic questions without using the search will be gone.

This makes you part of the solution as much as the rest of us. Take the warning seriously and your account may live long and prosper

Happy posting!

Jurjen

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for ur reply.

Most of our community friends are taking time and making sure that SCN should be used a proper channel for good knowledge sharing and also solve whole lot of questions . apart from that most of the times they are intimating new comers to search SCN before posting...

even we are taking so much care but still people coming up with the same thing again and again..... if some new comer creates a new id in SCN , then i think he should be intimated what is about SCN with all the restirctions and also how best to utilise it...etc..

this is why because i am sure most of the people won't go through the links of rules of engagement..

Regards,

Nagaraj

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> this is why because i am sure most of the people won't go through the links of rules of engagement..

I think everyone should invest some effort in reading rules etc. Those who are to lazy to do so will not have their questions answered by me. If we all refuse to answer basic questions asked by lazy people we will increase the value of the forums in general and especially the forum search.

So, in short:

stop answering basic questions and you'll help improve the forums

or

continue to answer basic questions and you'll only help lazy people for as long as your account will last.....

Your choice

Jurjen

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You are right people should invest some time in knowing this..But what i think is whenver someone creates a accound in SCN , we shoud send an eamil to the person reagrding the rules and engagement, and what should be done and what shouldn't so that atleast we should hope he will be reading that...before he posts....That way atleast we can minimise asking the basic and silly questions.... also we can minimise the people who are replying to that.

Regards,

Nagaraj

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should also follow Matt's advise here.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was me who sent the warning message - in retrospect, I was perhaps a little harsh in my wording, and for that, I apologise - my intent is get the person's attention, not to upset anyone. We've exchanged emails since then, and as far as I'm concerned, any bad "karma", has been entirely removed.

matt

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> and as far as I'm concerned, any bad "karma", has been entirely removed.

Bad-karma-o-blaster?

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Bad-karma-o-blaster?

LOL.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> People still asking basic questions and interview questions..I want to know what are the steps that SDN is taking for the people who asking these type of questions.

Never answer interview questions. These totally screw up the information the interviewers get out of an interview and this is hurting the industry.

So basically by answering these you're shooting yourself in the foot.

As for basis questions, sometimes if I'm feeling friendly I provide them with an URL link to help.sap.com. And if I'm not feeling friendly I click the report abuse button.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I want to know what are the steps that SDN is taking

Compared to couple of months back, posting basic questions in sales forum has come down drastically. I used to lock those threads with a message to the member not to deviate the forum rules.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi