cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PRODORDCONF_GetDetail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, ALL,

To get confirmation after calling PRODORDCONF_CREATE_HDR I call PRODORDCONF_GetDetail.

IN somecases PRODORDCONF_GetDetail provides data In some not.

What is the best case to get answer and get it quickly?

With best,

Serj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My input are:

CALL_BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL.Request{/BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL/INPUT/CONFIRMATIONCOUNTER}

CALL_BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL.Request{/BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL/INPUT/CONFIRMATION}

From BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_HDR

By the way:

How you are settle this half an hour?

with best Serj

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

When confirmations are made using the BAPI (and presumably in ERP as well), they are checked for valid content and saved. The actual processing can take a little as a few seconds or as much as half an hour (from my experience). So you depend upon how quickly the confirmation is executed in the ERP system. There may be a way to force execution upon receipt, but that is outside my skill set. Perhaps you could discuss it on a PP related board..

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are your inputs to the BAPI?

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mike

How you are settle this half an hour?

with best Serj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Chanti,

My input are:

CALL_BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL.Request{/BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL/INPUT/CONFIRMATIONCOUNTER}

CALL_BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL.Request{/BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GETDETAIL/INPUT/CONFIRMATION}

From BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_HDR

with best Serj

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

I do nothing to cause it to settle. That is just how long it takes sometimes on the customer's system (it was a development system). You really need to talk to an expert on the ERP side of things. But I have never seen it where I could check results consistently immediately following the execution. There is always some lag time for processing on the ERP side.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if the 'Pause' action block would work for your scenario. You may have to experiment few times to get an average lag time.

Also, in your transaction, try to build a logic where if you don't get the data immediately, the transaction whould automatically run the BAPI again after some time (once after 15 minutes or half hour or so). Do these iterations couple of times at differet time intervals before it errors out.

Let me know how it goes.

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently it is implemented in (while do) with checking the status and Pause to wait for results but sometimes after 20 minutes this is no results at all. And by the way the Pause is never the best solution.

To check I am going to implement log using oracle db to see how it is working. May be this will help me.

with best,

Serj