cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BPM created and we have a JDBC -> XI -> RFC link. when any of the steps in BPM fail, is restart possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

Check this Tcode in XI - SWF_XI_SWPR - Restart Workflow after error..

I don't think so , is there other way to do this..

If you handle it in BPM then restart possible. For e.g if Mapping fails, then if you want to restart the BPm after correcting it, then you can handle it in BPM ..

Just have a look into this blog-

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm-contd--restart-workflow

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna.

Couple of things, If I raise a Alert and then I want to stop the subsequent steps, can I do that? If i can do that, can I restart from failed step (i am guessing the answer to that is no)

2) In my BPM, i have a synchronous send step to R/3. If that step fails because of R/3 being down, I presume i have to follow the same steps outlined in your blog for restart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

You could raise an alert and terminate the process as a whole.....

or if required we can make the BPM wait for another message, with some correlation...when that is received the execution can be continued...

for example....

i raise an alert and have a receive step for a follow-up message with correlation activated....so the bpm is waiting....

meanwhile, the alert went to a user who does some follwo up acitivities which results in the sending of the follow-up message to XI with a matching correlation-id....this will make sure that the BPM goes forward....

Thanks,

Renjith

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SSG,

<i>If I raise a Alert and then I want to stop the subsequent steps, can I do that? If i can do that, can I restart from failed step (i am guessing the answer to that is no)</i>

You are right, It is not possible. If you raise an Alert , you can stop the subsequent steps. If it stops other steps, you can not restart from the failed steps without workarounds mentioned in the blog.

<i>2) In my BPM, i have a synchronous send step to R/3. If that step fails because of R/3 being down, I presume i have to follow the same steps outlined in your blog for restart?</i>

Correct. But make sure that it will not make overhead in the BPM

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna and Renjith..

If I need to Terminate a process, I presume I can add another control step and set the action to 'Cancel Process'.

Krishna, one question from your blog..

As per your blog after the alert step, I need to code a transformation step (mapping step that failed previously).

Are you saying that first time transformation fails, Alert gets triggered but the second transformation step is not executed? And when we go and restart the work flow the transformation step will be executed?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SSG,

<i>Are you saying that first time transformation fails, Alert gets triggered but the second transformation step is not executed?</i>

Yes, you are right.

<i>And when we go and restart the work flow the transformation step will be executed?</i>

Now 2nd Transformation step will be executed so that you can avoid data loss..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Answers (0)