cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Webservices in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hav a scenario where i need to call a third party webservice. its not the standard webservice scenario as given in the blogs. There is a webservice that I need to call from XI .

Need your inputs in how to do this..

Regards,

Vinithra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally in order to call a webservice from anyother system you need to import the WSDL provided by the system that generated the webservice

so you need to import the same in PI also ...

only thing may be if it is external WS then need to check the ports opened in your org for calling the same which needs to be checked with the netwrok team..

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please elaborate on your requirement as you have mentioned that it is not a standard webservice requirement.

If you need to call a third party webservice then following are the steps to be performed:

a) Get the external webservice wsdl, import it in IR.

b) Create a inbound service interface and select the message type from the imported wsdl.

c) Use the endpoint details from the wsdl and configure accordingly in the receiver type soap channel.

Regards,

Pravesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input but can you please elaborate the steps... ad that will be more helpful.

Regards

0 Kudos

HI,

go through the following blog which will give you step-by-step procedure for calling webservices through PI.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Regards

Venkat