cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any possibility that for 2 company codes (2 sales organizations) in one client we have same no range for sales tax invoice?

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al

If you are asking one number range like 8000000 to 89999999 need to assign two company code and output like 8000000 for CC1 and 80000001 for CC2 then its possible, but if require 80000000 for both CC1 and CC2 then not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I need 80000000 number in both sales organizations. Can you please tell me the link of standard SAP documentation where it is written so that I can show that to my client.

Best Regatds,

AI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al

In SAP we are having one number say 8000000 at once, Once this has been assigned to one document, how can we assign it to other, as number ranges are not company code specific.

For example,  if you decide to assign number range interval 10000000 thru 199999999 to the number range group u201C05u201D, you can not assign it to number range group u201C06u201D.

This description you can find at: Paragraph 2

http://www.thespot4sap.com/introto/SAP_CO_Module_NumberRanges.asp

And as explained, one interval should assign to one range group, and we can assign that range group to many CC, but the thing is counter will keep on increasing. 8000000 can not be assigned to two document anyways.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not talking about CO documents. I am talking about SD billing document. I just want reference from standard SAP documentation that one document no can not be created in 2 sales organizations in one client.

Best Regards.

AI.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Al

Number range process is same for CO and SD. The concept is same.

Link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2a/fa0365493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

To determine the type of number range to be used, you must clarify the following points:

* How many number ranges are required: 1, 2 or more?
    * Are the number ranges dependent on a sub-object (company code, plant, controlling area, etc.)?
    * Is a group to be formed (e.g. by material type)?
    * If so, is the group dependent on the sub-object?
    * Is the number range to depend on the financial year?

From the answers to these questions, using the illustration "Eight number range object types", you can uniquely determine the type.

Edited by: Yadav on Sep 29, 2009 10:56 AM

Answers (0)