cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Dropdown list

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm implementing E-Recruiting and I added a new field to a existing infotype HRP5107. It shows up automatically on E-Recruiting website as a text field. I was wondering in BSP is it possible to manipulate the field to be a dropdown list that will allow the user to select multiple fields? And I have two fields that already exist I need to set them to a default value. Can this be done on BSP side? If not how can I do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I modified BSP code that are SAP standard delivery? I'm implementing E-Recruiting and we have to add additional field to a existing Infotype. When I add the new field to a existing infotype the new field is automatically added to the page. SAP puts it on the bottom. Is it possible to move the field that came with SAP standard delivery around on the page the way you want it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew,

You can do it.I mean u copy the BSP into new customername space i.e. for example

SAP STD:HRRCF_REQ_MGMT

NEW: ZRRCF_REQ_MGMT

You go into customizing.I dont have system to check in,but you search for logical applications node,then insert the NEW in place of SAP STD application name.

After that whatever changes you do will be reflected in the application.

<b>SECOND ANSWER

U can do this in DO_INIT method of corresponding BSP application.Just write a small code (select statement) to fetch the values of this field into the table type variable.

Secondly,u can modify the view of the BSP Page in question i.e. Just write a HTMLB tag for drop down list and use the table type variable here.

This solves the problem.(only thing you need to do is find out appropriate HTMLB tags for the accomplishment of the task).</b>

regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Yes , it is possible with BSPs.

Firstly, you can do this in following way:

I mean you collect the default values of a field and put it in a variable of table type of the field.

U can do this in DO_INIT method of corresponding BSP application.(Ofcourse you need to copy the corresponding BSP application in customer namespace ie. Z_BSPNAME)In this custom BSP application you do the required changes.

Secondly,u can modify the view of the BSP Page in question i.e. which displays the questionnaire(if I am correct).You just declare the variable and display it in the view.

This solves the problem.(only thing you need to do is find out appropriate HTMLB tags for the accomplishment of the task).

regards,

Bharat

Pls. give points to the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat,

I'm quite sure how to this can you tell me the step of doing this. I created a field call Desired Work Location and have a table location that stores the value. what's the next thing?