cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install ERP 6.0 EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I want to install a fresh new ERP6.0 system in my company. Since there is EHP4 out in the market then i want to install that version. I have read through the EHP erp 6.0 master guide and relevant document but it's seems to be not clear how to directly install the EHP4. I want to install a Java+Abab system with EP,BI and EPCore.

I've downloaded the Installation Master for 7.01 SR1. I've choose the *Sap ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready u2013 Support Release 1* to install. But there is no option to Install Dual Stack which is Java+ ABAB at once. The option available is only Abap separately and Java separately which u cant install two instance with the same SID. How do i solve this issue. Is there another way to install the EHP4. If do please guide me through. I'm very confuse.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

For ERP 6.0 EHP4 installation, you cannot install ABAP+JAVA together.

you have to install both ABAP and Java seperately with different SID.

Check SAP Note 855534 - Dual Stack and SAP Business Suite 7

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Thank you for the information,

it means we need to have two server, one for abap and one for java.

regards,

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not necessarily two servers. If it is a development or testing system and if the server has sufficient resources to handle two instances then you can install those separate instances one for ABAP and one for JAVA in single server.

If it is production environment and planning for MSCS, then better to install in separate servers.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

For Installing ABAP and Java Stack Seperately can we do an MCOD installation or do we need to

have seperate instances of Database. Which is more feasable?

- How do we configure the connections between ABAP & Java Stack on EHP4 kindly advise

Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have both options for oracle , prefer to have MCOD due to easy management reasons. If you are not using different hardware for 2 SID's use MCOD option.

Regarding connection between ABAP and JAVA , look for post installation steps at EHP SR1 JAVA installation guide.

Answers (0)