Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out put in Background (SM37) not showing All columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I’m creating an out put display for my query in background , we have define an output device , after submitting the query in back ground it just showing me only 10 columns . I mean I its not showing me all columns when I went to SE37-> select job->”spool ->view (display).

Why it’s happening?

Please help me

Cheers

Usman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Can you check the following 2 things?

1. In the report header:

REPORT <report> NO STANDARD PAGE HEADING

MESSAGE-ID 00

LINE-COUNT 65

LINE-SIZE <b><line Size></b>.

1. In the layout structure, pass a <b>min_linesize</b>.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are submitting the job in background by exexuting your query from Sq01 or Tr.code , a screen will pop-up ask for you device name, on the same screen you’ll see properties hit that, it’ll take you to another screen and change the report format 65 and 200 or 65 and 200. It depends on your out put device . You can only display report till 255 . If you want to active ALV functional enable in background spool job you have to use extracts for that . So you can download your data in correct format.

You can also decrease the length of variables in query so within 255 characters you can see all report columns.

Hope this’ll help you .

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Former Member

Can you check the following 2 things?

1. In the report header:

REPORT <report> NO STANDARD PAGE HEADING

MESSAGE-ID 00

LINE-COUNT 65

LINE-SIZE <b><line Size></b>.

1. In the layout structure, pass a <b>min_linesize</b>.

0 Kudos

Sandip,

I don’t think so we can do in <b>Query</b> , But we can define the line size in Sq01 .

Usman,

You can also create new format for out put device if you don’t have one ,but according to my knowledge you can’t go beyond 255 .

Thanks

SK

0 Kudos

Ohh I am so sorry, I got it completely wrong. Didn't notice that query thing before. Gods knows why, I thought it was an ALV report submitted to background.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Saquib, I already check the things you told me , and I also execute job again but it increases the few columns but still its not showing me all of them . When I click at lat columns, its giving me message at line # 1 and column area 253. But my 5 columns are still hidden, is it because 255 default size?

Cheers

Usman

0 Kudos

Yes, You have "no choice". One thing you can try go to your query sq01->basic list and highlight your filds and decrease<b> "output length"</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

0 Kudos

I also did this, but still its not showing other 4 columns. You all ready told me that it cant extend more then 255 columns. Its very important for me to show all data in SM37 spool for my ABAP query.

Any idea how I can achieve this? Guys help me

^^^^^^Cheers^^^^^^

Usman

0 Kudos

I don`t think you have other "choice" in Query. Ask user to run it in foreground

Good luck

SK

0 Kudos

Thanks

Yes, You have "no choice". One thing you can try go to your query sq01->basic list and highlight your filds and decrease "output length"

This work

Bye