cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta extaction from 'Z' R3 table to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want to know if it´s possible to get data from an R/3 'Z' table to BW with delta extraction and the extraction option 'Table/View'.

I have tried to do it but it doesn´t works. I can take the initial data but no delta data. In the RSA7 transaction I have the delta queue empty all the time.

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elsa,

Did you implemented with sucess the solution for delta extraction to a Z table. If it's the case, could you please share the solution?

Thanks you.

Regards,

Marta

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

delta in generic extraction can be achieved using function module..

and RSA7 shows delta Queues of LO extraction????

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's possible.

we need to enable one field fro delta enabled. Generally, delta enable in generic extractor using date field.

if you have any date field, then select that field as delta enable.

take the case i will tell you one scenario.

ZKNA1 : Customer

kunnr, name1, strol, pstlz and datum(date of creation)

create Generic DS for transaction DS, then provide the application component and zkna1 in table/view. click on generic delta option on the application tool bar. provide the field name "datum". select the time stamp.

enable the delta from BW. try to create one entry in the table . request from BW.

Give us the table details we can look into ur issue.

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh!

I have created 'ZOTHERS' table in R/3 with a field of type 'RSTIMESTMP' (DEC 15)called 'TIMESTMP'.

In 'RSO2' transsaction I have created an extractor type 'Table' for my table 'ZOTHERS'. Then I have select the options in 'Delta Generic':

'Field Name = TIMESTMP',

'TimeStamp',

'Upper limmit = 1800 seconds',

'New status'.

I have created in BW the infosource and the infopakage. Also I have created the rules to fill the ODS object.

I have init the delta with the infopackage. Now, I go to RSA7 in R/3 and I have de queue empty.

I create a new line in my R/3 table and I fill the TIMESTMP field with a value upper than the previous (manually).

In BW I executed the delta and take 0 of 0, and RSA7 queue is empty. ¿Why don´t take in count the changes in the table?

I don´t want to use a field type 'date' because I want to make more than one change in my table in a day.

Regards,

Elsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elsa,

can you change the time stamp to Date. may be becasue of the time stamp.

i will tell you one scenario where we will get 0 fields for ur case.

you enabled tiem stamp as delta.

suppose entry in the table you entered is

order number timestamp quantity

1000 20060518091000 10.

you have run that init on 17th may 2 PM.

when you execute the Delta in today before 09:10 you won't get that data to BW becoz you assigned the date 18th that is today morning 9:10.

hope this is clear.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

former_member378040
Participant
0 Kudos

Elsa,

You will have to activate the change documents for you Z table and then use ALE delta option while creating generic datasource for you Z table.

There is a document in BW expert related to this, you should have a subscription to see this document.

Thanks

Amit