cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES / SOA / PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Am getting confused with these terms and usuage , tried to browse lot more documents which led me to more confusion since by basic understanding is not good.

1) Is SOA / ES is part of PI 7.1 and ES given by sap can be used in PI 7.1 or we need any portal coding.

and in PI 7.1 is every outbound interface is given out as service , if so how can a sender system can communicate using service if it is not going to handle the same

regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SOA or ESOA : A service-oriented architecture is essentially a collection of services. These services communicate with each other. The communication can involve either simple data passing or it could involve two or more services coordinating some activity. Some means of connecting services to each other is needed.

SAP using SOA frame with the name of ESOA,because SAP providi9ng solution to Enterpresises.

What is EnterPrise Service: its a callable entity and it provides one bussiness functionality,whatever we developed using ESOA ,we named as Enterprise Services.

Who develops Enterprise Services: SAP alaredy developed ES for different industries,all enterprise servises placed in ENterprise Service Repository.

We can use any enterprise service in PI7.1,we need to search in Service Registry (SOAMANAGER)T-code.

We can publish our services in ES.

REGARDS,

rAJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks

SOA Manager is on ECC System or PI system , cannot call that service using PI 7.1 using soap Adapter and use the functionality of the ES.

So now i understand that ES are available in Respective system for ex : ECC / CRM / SRM , we need to use PI to connect and get it done .

Can any one please give me link / blog / article example showing the same for better understanding , PI using ESA.

thanks in advance

rgds

Savy

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

SOAMANAGER is the trasaction code to see EnterPrise Services in Service Registry,all enterprise serivces stored in ESR(for all ECC,CRM,...).

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well

http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19...

above link i find the "ESA" for Goods movement.

how can i use this with PI 7.0 / if not possible how that can be used with PI 7.1

any views

rgds

Savy