Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of Reorganisation? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reorgs are usually done on the table spaces. Mostly we do reogrs to optimize and recapture space. Also if you're extracting data from these tables to some other systems, files, etc, it helps the extract process. You need to look at the size of the tables, the rate of growth and then plan the reorgs accordingly, yearly, half yearly, quarterly, once every 2 months, etc depending on your requirements and growth.

Cheers,

Kedar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

In my previous project where the Re-Organization was with reference to the change in Organization structure at the end of a fiscal year. Usually in that case you would reload the master data for the new Organization structure and then delete the data in the cubes and reconstruct them so that they refer to the latest master data.

Not sure if this is what you wanted.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for helping with an open ended question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niten

Could you elabarate further in what scenerio you are using this

Thanks

sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. Just generally to understand in a simple couple of sentences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niten

If this is regarding to table space please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/7b863f06593a17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Thnaks

sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

I speack of reorganization when for problem of performance I have to change my data-model: for example building Cube for every yaer and join these in a Multicube. But it is my oint of view of reorganization.

Ciao.

Riccardo.