cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Message Expiry Period (msecs) in Synchronous JMS scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've configured a Proxy->JMS synchronous scenario using Sync/Async Bridges in the Receiver JMS adapter. All is well when the reply queue is working but when the reply queue is down, the waiting time in the JMS receiver adapter is too long. It can be up to a minute or more. We want to shorten the wait time for the reply. On the receiver adapter, I've tried using 'JMS Message Expiry Period (msecs)' in the JMS setting but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Then I tried switching on the 'JMS Message Expiration' under Adapter-Specific Mesage Attribute. However I get the following error:

Dynamic record/records: DCJMSExpiration,DCJMSTimestamp, that correspond to the JMS property/properties: JMSExpiration,JMSTimestamp, respectively is/are either missing from the message: deacb6f9-56e0-3bf1-af90-00145e6880b6, or have invalid types specified in the channel configuration

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Dynamic header records are missing/incorrect specified in message: deacb6f9-56e0-3bf1-af90-00145e6880b6. Erroneous/Unspecified headers are:[ DCJMSExpiration DCJMSTimestamp ]

Any one has an idea? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When queue down normally JMS Receiver Communication channel tries 3 times to send message to Queue,when it tries 3 times the retrievel time its not possible to predict,may be you need to chnage the setting at basis level for retry interval.

check with basis team.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me more details on where to look at basis level?