SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TechEd payment problems

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to register for the Shanghai Teched before the rate goes up by US$100 on October 1st, and for every credit card and debit card that I use (even that of friends and colleagues) I get:

"The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

Is there some trick to this? Has anybody else managed to pay for Shanghai or any other TechEd?

I'm using Visa and Mastercard.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

1 REPLY 1

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I now know what the problem is and it can be summed up in one word: Paypal.

Even when you're not a Paypal member you have to pay through their site, and they have an algorithm which decides which payments are suspect, and which aren't. Apparently, all of mine are suspect. I called them and they told me there is nothing I can do, except contact SAP and find a different way of paying. I would advise SAP to do the same next year and accept credit cards directly without making use of Paypal's "services".

Can anybody from SAP help me (and doubtless others) with this? If I have to pay the exta USD$100 as of October 1st then I'll probably skip Shanghai TechEd 2009.

I also contacted the SAP-preferred agents for accommodation in Shanghai and, as of two weeks later, there has been no response.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology