cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T code ls24 negative stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In t code LS24 in some batches i am having purely negative stock. How to remove this stock? Kindly explain me.

Thank you

Sap MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the majority of cases for all negative stock there is a corresponding positive stock. If you find this stock you can use LT01 movement type 999 and send the positive stock to the negative stock anmd this will solve the negative.

If you have no positive stock of that batch but you have positive stock of another batch tat does not actually exost then it looks like somebody has made an error with the batch number.

You can use MB51 to find the transaction that created the negative and then use MBST to reverse that material document and that should put the stock back to what it was and then get the user to carry out the transaction correctly.

Also you may have open Posting change notices (look in LU04) that need to be processed. This would show a negative or positive in st type 922. In this case either process the posting change or cancel the material document that caused this

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean that at WH level (considering all storage types) your stock level is negative from certain batches? Are you sure?

Please check your stock level in MB52 for the storage location that is assigned to your WH.

If stock level from batch is negative in IM too, that means you allowed negative stock for the valuation area / sLoc & material:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63313343a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If this is the case you can eliminate the negative stock in IM by posting stock to your SLoc (GR). After that you can eliminate the "local" negative quant in WM by moving the positive quant to the negative by LT01 / LT10.

If stock level in MB52 is not negative, it means you have a corresponding positive quant in your WH. By moving it to the negative quant via LT10 / LT01 you can eliminate the negative quant.

(it can also happen that there's a bug in the system but I don't think so - in this case you should use LX23 and suitable OSS notes)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

If your storage type is Bulk, and when ever a there an Open Pick TO created in that storage type, system does not allocate stock from that bin, instead it creates a neutral TO with a dummy quant. LS24 picks up these open TO items on Bulk Storage types and shows them as negative quantities in that bin.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Vinod.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

LS24 shows the stock of the material available in the warehouse. Check the Storage type for which it is showing the Negative stock and check the setting for "Allow negative stock" under

SPRO - IMG - Logistic execution - Warehouse management - Master data -- Storage type