cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Flag in Product Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you Please suggest me a logic to check deletion flag for product location combination while saving the forecast in to planning book?

Regards

Sujay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

For the location products having deletion flags, the information

will be stored under the table /sapapo/matloc and the field name is

LVORM. Here you can see collectively for all the location

products whether deletion flag is set or not like.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

what is it what you want to achieve ? You say "while" saving FCST" - are you trying to identify CVCs in DP being sort of obsolete or do you really want to refer to the APO Material Master records ?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I will explain the scenario.

Actually we have milions of CVC's in the MPOS & some of them (Product-location) are having deletion flag. We are running forecast engine at aggregated level & disaggregate it at detailed level through proportional factor. So we are thinking to creat such logic which see the deletion flag for product-location combination & delete proportional factor for those entries. So while desaggrgeation of forecast at detailed level it will not desaggregate on those product who have deletion flag.

Regards

Sujay

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would rather think of these options (and not a process of manually deleting PropFactors for obsolete CVCs):

1) a cleanup process for your CVCs for the "to-be-deleted" ProdLocs. This keeps you your prop factor calculation process consistent (you dont calc PropFactors for obsolete CVCs) and the disaggregation afterwards doesn't need to be manipulated.

2) While calculating your prop factors 8/SAPAPO/MC8V) try to use the "Restrictions for Data Selection" (in case you are using SCM5.0 or higher) - you could exclude the obsolete products (CVCs) in a SelectionID ... this means PropFactors will be calculated only for the valid ProdLocs ... means you dont need to worry afterwards about having PropFactors sitting on obsolete ProdLocs.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perfect..We are in same track..

I know we can maintain these selection ID in MC8v program. But from automization prespective can we automatically maintain these deletion flag product location combination?

We have a table for deletion flag entries & Can we maintain these entrie directly in to selection ID of exclude tab through any program?

Regards

Sujay

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

unfortunately DP has not true linkage into SNP ... wherefore 3 options I woudl look at:

1) develop a piece of code which basically fills a SelectionID according to your needs

2) I would test this: in case you use 9AMATNR as a characteristic in your DP PLOB you could set the SDP Relevance = 2 in the APO MatMaster (for the products which have a deletion flag) - this should disable this product for planning in DP - I never tested this functionality around "SDP relevance" - In case it works this way the limitation will be that is disables the product in all locations in DP (SDP Relevance is location-independent)

3) another idea (which I would recommend): add a navigation attribute to your Material or MaterialLocation InfoObject (depends on which level you want to manage the deletion flag) in the PLOB called for example "Deletion flag" and upload the APO MatMaster Data to this InfoObject attribut. Afterwards you can use this NaviAttribute in your DP Selection ID to exlude the Materials or MaterialLocations where "Deletion flag" <> X (or whatever value you gonna use).

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Could you tell me in which filed of APO product Master, Plant sp. material status of R/3 material master (MRP1 screen) is captured?

Regards

Sujay

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The deletion flag for a ProdLoc in APO Material master is in /SAPAPO/MATLOC-LVORM (similar to R3 MARC-LVORM).

Regards

Thomas