cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty File has to write after Message Processing in File Adapter..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File to File Scenario.

Once the file is processed and placed in the receiver folder, I need to generate one empty file with the original file name but with different extension (DON). This is used to indicate that the full file is written in the folder.

Example:

Original file has to write like "Output_Final.CSV"

Empty file has to be placed like "Output_Final.DON"

Is there any way I can achieve this requirement.?

Thanks

Deepthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

This can be acheived two ways

1. Either using scripts

2. using one more channel as already said

best option is to use another receiver channel ,just add same mapping name as used for outbound interface in interface determination for this purpose and create one more receiver agreement in this its ensulre that second message mapping is called only after first one gets executed

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja and Rajesh,

Thank you for your response.

I'm ready to go for using 2 CC's. But If I send the same mapping, then it will create the whole file .. right??

I just need to create only empty file .. No need to create whole file again with different extension.

Is there anything I can do in file adapter just to create Empty file?

Thanks

Deepthi,

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are correct,dont use same mapping better to use one dummy mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepthi,

you need to create one more mapping in such a way that it will generate nothing..as a output and configure the same in your second interface mapping and associate the receiver channel for the same

But only thing here is need to take of mapping part which should not generate root tag too..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Looks like its working now. but..

>> But only thing here is need to take of mapping part which should not generate root tag too..

How to achieve this..

I created the structure with just one field and it is coming in the target file. How to stop any sort of data coming in the file?? I just want empty file.

Thanks

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no clue of removing the same using Graphical mapping ..

I hope you have set the option of Write Empty File if not try this and still doesnot work

then need to look for java or ABAP mapping

chekc the below thread may help

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raja and Rajesh.

One line in the empty file will be ok for the client. Issue is solved now.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

I think we can implement,using two receiver channels, one receiver channel to place orginal message and second communication channel for to send empty message.

Regards,

Raj