cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping logic For Date Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam Getting date Input from Idoc Field, upto that it looks okay.

If i dont get the Date from the idoc means my Mapping is failing and saying that Date Format Error.

Even i am passing the value 00000000 for date in mappwithDefault, it is saying the same thing

How to handle this situation, please advice me

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

If i dont get the Date from the idoc means my Mapping is failing and saying that Date Format Error.

Even i am passing the value 00000000 for date in mappwithDefault, it is saying the same thing

Are you using any Date transformation function for the date field in the mapping?

If you using MapWithDefault, use a proper date format rather than using all 0's.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Current date function in else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using DateTransform it willbe good to check if you are getting any input date from the source. If so map directly, else you can give default 00000000.

Let me know if this works for your mapping..

Cheers,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using DateTrans standard function then you have to make sure that you are passing the correct format of source date otherwise you get the error

the runtime exception message is: Unparseable date: "00000000"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Its a question to your business guys or funcitonal consultant. If you dont have date then you ask him which date you need to pass. Do they say if they dont have date you need to send 00000000. If yes then use if else conditon. If date exists then datetrans else send 00/00/0000 whatever is the target date format. No body can help you here, because it is entirely clients requirments.

Regards,

---Satish