cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:File CC OS Commands

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on IDOC to File scenario where I need to execute receiver end main frame operating commands, is it possible? or I need to create a batch file on SAP XI server where File adaptor resides, and this batch file has a commands to connect to FTP server and executes Main frame Operating system commands?

any one can throw some light on this topic.

Thanks

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You can only work on OS commands on XI server. So in your case the best thing would be to create a script or batch file and put it on xi server and then execute the batch file.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

What is the place holder Operating system commands before message process AND after message process? Can I place receiver end Operating commands (In my case its main frame Operating commands)?

So In order to execute Main frame Operating system commands I need to create a scrpit file on SAP XI server ?

We cant execute Receiver end Operating sytem commands with out a script file on SAP XI server?

Script file contains only Receiver end Operating system commands or I also need to include connection parameters for example FTP Parameters?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

>What is the place holder Operating system commands before message process AND after message process? Can I place receiver end Operating commands (In my case its main frame Operating commands)?

If you place a script before message processing your script will be called before the file is written in the output and if you place after message processing the script will be called after the file is written.

> So In order to execute Main frame Operating system commands I need to create a scrpit file on SAP XI server ?

Yes you need to do have that script on XI server.

>We cant execute Receiver end Operating sytem commands with out a script file on SAP XI server?

No

> Script file contains only Receiver end Operating system commands or I also need to include connection parameters for example FTP Parameters?

You need to have the connection paramters also. You need to first connect to the mainframes using ftp parameters and then i assume you need to send the output file as an input to the script for whatever your process is.

Regards,

---Satish

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

>So In order to execute Main frame Operating system commands I need to create a scrpit file on SAP XI server ?

Yes, It is possible, Are you going to invoke a Job card ?

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

>where I need to execute receiver end main frame operating commands, is it possible?

I don't think that is possible to invoke from SAP XI/ PI, When you drop the file in Main frame server.It can look for the file & trigger further process.

Cheers

Agasthuri