cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Threads automatically after certain time period

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible to automatically lock the threads after a certain time ( 30 dyas , 60 dyas ?? )has been passed after the last reponse.

Currently some people knowingly or unknowingly revive even a year old thread, also some posters tend to close the threads by just posting - completed or done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is it possible to automatically lock the threads after a certain time

Yes something has to be done on this. This is due to the fact that as you may be aware members cannot post more than 10 questions if they are all kept open which has been introduced recently. Due to this, some members are closing their 2008 threads in Nov'09, without any proper feedback as to whether their issue was resolved or not and posting new threads.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel your pain. I often end up cleaning the mess.

But there are some valid threads which are usefull (the search is encouraged...) and someone might finally have an answer.

I for one open development requests and report "improvement possibilities" which I encounter in the system and here on SDn as well.

When they finally make^it into the standard, then I typically update some threads which had a quality discussion around the topic.

The main pest are the folks who do the "asdf" closing technique (this is less now-a-days) and freshers who search for a single topic which they just learnt about.

I just delete them, unless there is a valid reason to keep it in which case I take a closer look at it.

My 2 cents,

Julius