cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE root application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to deploy my web application in the root context. How to do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

First let me explain you the funda of application deployement in SAP WAS. Whenever you deploy a servlet/jsp application it is stored in the sap.com folder in a directory with the application's name(say EmployeeApp). Inside that directory we have another directory with the name of the context path that you choose to give to the application (like "employee") in the application.xml file of the ear project.

For the root context this name is "_default" and it shown as "/" in the Visual Administrator. Once you start the deployement of the application through your NWDS the deployement manager first checks whether another application with similar context path is there or not, if it is not there it will deploy the application successfully otherwise it won't and throw you back an exception. Since by default we have a root application running there in the SAP WAS, you will have to undeploy that application and deploy you application, then your application will get deployed and you will be able to call it through a path like http://localhot:50100/ .

I know the reply is pretty long but hope this will help you

Thanks and regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

Is your problem solved ??????

Guru.

Former Member
former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Medha,

you can do it by setting

<context-root>
          /
        </context-root>

in the application.xml of your ear file.

Regards

Bojidar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each server has a concept of Default application which resides in the root context. This is kind of application alias.

What I think is that you need to first deploy your application and then make it as a default application "/" context.

Following link may help you more on this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/66/23c11f7547824990467a2dac1a7308/content.htm

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please reward points if this helps.