cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Installation on ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We already have ECC 6.0 installed on our Server. Now the requirement is to install BW on the Server & also we need to setup the communication of the SAP server to the Business Objects Server.

I already installed the Java Stack, but unable to find the option to install the BW on the existing ECC 6.0. Pls help me with the same. Also provide the info on the communication of Business Objects with our ECC 6.0 server.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I heard that the IDES ECC6 installation includes BW/BI if you choose that installation option

2. but if you try to run it on the same client (800), you can't get the source data in BW/BI

3. so you have to create a new client (900) look at :

So I guess, that you could only see for example in BW/BI the 0CUSTOMER InfoObject, if you install BI_Cont as addOn in client 800?

Did I understand that right?

By calling SM59, there is below -> internal connections -> an RFC connection, which is called ecc6_ECC_04.

Could not that be the internal ECC4 to ECC6 connection for BW/BI source data, which internally (only one client 800) delivers the BI_CONT to BW/BI?

It seems, that all IDES systems (where BW/BI had been actived during installation) only need to install SAP NW 7.0 BI CONT ADDON 7.04. After that it seems that all infoObjects are automatically there and you can perfectly learn SAP BW/BI 7.

Look at that link:

Best regards

Axel Arnold Bangert - Herzogenrath 2009

Edited by: Axel Arnold Bangert on Oct 23, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to request everyone to provide me the following Server hardware requirements for ECC, BI & BO Components

My company wants to install the ECC, BI & BO in the same box

So can you please provide me the Sample hardware requirements like how much

1. CPU

2. RAM

3. HDD

is required .

Thanx in advance.................................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

You could fine the BI_CONT add-on at

www.service.sap.com/swdc>Downloads>Installation and upgrade>-My company application components>BI_CONT>SAP NW 7.0 BI CONT ADDON 7.04>installation

Download the patch SAPK-704IHINBICONT and apply it through SAINT

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you really want to do ?

Do you want to install BW in your ECC6 system or to install ECC6 on the same physical server which already hosts ECC6 ?

For a production system, both solutions are bad but the first one is definitively a NO NO !

I would recommend you to read the ERP and BW master guides before proceeding to any installation.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

I need to install BW on our existing ECC 6.0 System.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you have enough resources? Are this ECC is production server or for test run's ? For production uses you need use separate servor for BI server .... If for testin'g you only need to add the BI_CONT component for your release of sap

try to read in notes, and you will have BI in your ECC ... The SAP_BW component you have already installed in your ECC.

Note 153967 - BI Content Release Strategy

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then I hope this is only for testing because mixing OLAP and OLTP on a production system will give you very bad performance and a lot of trouble.

I do think that even for testing this is a very bad idea but the choice is up to you !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

About the SAP_BW component, do I've to install it manually (additionally) or it gets installed automatically while installing ECC as I didnot select such component while installing the ECC 6.0

Thanks & Regards

Nitin

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP_BW should be installed by default... check SPAM.

Now, as the other ones mentioned this is not a good idea... I will strongly recommend to have you BI/BW installation on a separate box.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

The thing is its a IDES system & not the production system. Thats the reason we want to install the BI on the same system.

We are also implementing BO which is already installed on a different system. Thats the reason my BO Lead has asked me to install BI on the same system.

Pls advice further with BI installation & configuration. Also then we need to establish a connection between BO & SAP ECC & BW.

Thanks & Regards.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per Juan I checked in SPAM, I've BW already installed in the system. the SP level is KW70009 for the BW.

Thanks & Regards.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Pls advice further with BI installation & configuration

Install the BI_CONT as i'm say, after go to RSA1 and configure ) You will see message like this is are wrong client an other messages like this, you wiil need after go to BW forums and search here ) About BO , it's second question per 1 thread, not good , try to read rules ) Ooo 9 PL are old ) You will need also install latest SP's ) New kernels an so on )

Read notes about BI_CONT.... Also the component versions are easier to check in GUI press in up menu -->

"system" --> ""status" --> and under the "component version" press on Magnifier.

Regards.