cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY use

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a fundamental question i.e. what is the benefit of using ABAP proxy generation (SPROXY) while message transfer with XI system ?

If we don't use SPROXY while message tranfer to XI (client proxy scenario) or receiving message from XI (server proxy scenario), then what is the issue ? Is it making message transfer more reliable ?

When I execute SPROXY trx code at ECC end the a no. of namesapce details are displayed on the left hand side (I guessed these are pulled from ESR), why we go for this proxy generation setup ? Can anybody pls explain in few clear,specific points ? (Pls don't post hyperlinks as I get lost in link forests for search of precise answer)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proxy is one of the new feature available for communication to other systems available from WEB AS >=6.20

Earlier the communication to other systems from SAP for data transfer is available only either through idoc or RFC

There are some advantages using proxy

1. in case of huge volume of data usage of proxy will benefit rather than using RFC or IDOC

2. And if data needs to be transferred directly from tables of R/3 proxy is benefitable in this case rather than going for RFC

there are few apart from this w.r. t runtime also...

Briefly Proxy is new method/protocol for data transfer from SAP to other systems from WEB AS >=6.20..onwards..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using proxies messages directly post to Integration engine in XML format, so adater engine bypasses. So performance enhances.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

>what is the benefit of using ABAP proxy generation

Directly talks to the Integration engine & as a XML format message is sent/received

Cheers

Agasthuri