cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI not possible - Error IO304 "Only 0 serial numbers entered instead of 1"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I a material with Serial Number Profile Z002. It is set with following procedures;

MMSL 02 01

SDAU 02 02

SDCC 02 02

SDCR 02 02

SDLS 02 02

SDRE 02 02

Please note that it is set with Optional Serial Number Usage "02" for Procedure "MMSL - Maintain goods receipt and issue doc."

I am able to do the GR via MIGO or via VL32N-PGR without maintaing a Serial Number. But I am not able to do PGI via VL02N-PGI and the error I get is:

Only 0 serial numbers entered instead of 1

Message no. IO304

Diagnosis

There is a serial number obligation, so the number of serial numbers must equal the number of serial numbers in the material document.

You can post the operation only if you entered the correct number of serial numbers previously.

Please let me know as how to solve tjis issue.

Thanks in advance.

Br,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered internally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give som edetails how you solve this, we are facing the same problem.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Did you try changing the customizing of the operation code SDLS - Maintain delivery to optional ?

That looks like the obvious reason for the system behavior.

Regards,

Franck

Freelance SAP Logistics Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Question is answered...

The reason is that:

It is configured that Serial Number Usage at a Movement Type Group level 1 as Mandatory for Sr.No.Profile Z002. Movement Type 601 falls under MVt Type Group 1 and this Configuration has a precedence over the global setting of Sr. Number Usage.

The config is at the following path; (though PM module is not implemented this has the precedence)

IMG - Plant Maint. & Customer Service - Master Data in PM & CS - Tech Objects - Sr.No.Mgmt - Define Serialization Attributes for Mvt Types.

Br,

Vasu

Edited by: KVasu_Kannan on Oct 29, 2009 4:08 PM

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange since with the same settings, i was able to do PGI in delivery w/o Sr. nos.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message no. IO304

If system gives the above error message, then you need to look at note 325787. You may also have a look at 329696 or 724281 in case the first is not served the purpose.

Update in case it helps.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

All these note are not applicabel to us as we are in higher release of teh product (ECC 6.0).

Most important point to be noticed here is that Procedure "MMSL" is set with "Optional - 02" for "Serial Number Usage", but it works fine for GR but not for GI. Only in PGI, I get this issue and not during GR.

Thanks & Regards,

Vasu