cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several BAPI calls based on one IDOC data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community!

Please advice me or give link to "how to..." material about execution several bapi calls based on one idoc data (several segments of one type and for every of them bapi should be executed). I work with SAP PI 7.0.

At the moment i have two ideas.

First variant: Change in Message & Interface Mapping occurrance of my bapi function from 1 to 0...unbounded.

Second variant: Sequential execution of bapi function in Integration Process (ccBPM).

Now i'm checking first variant because variant without using ccBPM is more preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you already have solution of your problem. Unless you have some sequential posting requirement, first approach is definitely the better one in terms of performance and configuration time. So there would be no need to think about the second one.

It seems that you already know the process of exporting RFC, changing its occurrence and importing it back to use. Only thing then remains is the multimapping. Since you need multiple RFC calls, you may use multi-mapping and map the repetitive Idoc segment to the RFC root node.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like say thanks to all who participated.

And the final solution for several bapi calls looks like:

1. Change in Message & Interface Mapping occurrance of bapi function from 1 to 0...unbounded.

2. Choose in Interface Determination radiobutton ENHANCED and your Interface Mapping.

3. In receiver RFC adapter check 'advanced mode', 'Commit Handling for single BAPI Calls' and in parameters table BAPICommitWait set value TRUE.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Prateek!

Could you clarify moment of exporting RFC, changing its occurrence and importing it back to use&

At the moment i simply did multi-mapping 1 IDOC to N bapi_po_create1 calls and change occurrences of bapi from 1 to 0..unbounded in MM & IM, all work successful (i see that in RWB and in SXI_monitor) BUT unfortunately only first bapi call commited in ERP system. I checked in my RFC adapter SEND 'Confirm transaction' checkbox.

Any ideas?

BR,

Dzmitry

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dzmitry,

>>only first bapi call commited in ERP system. I checked in my RFC adapter SEND 'Confirm transaction' checkbox.

Check this note Note 730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2 RFC Adapter

Q 10: What's about BAPIs?

You need to handle the commit in BAPI itself

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe my explanation wasn't clear so i need to execute same bapi function several times based on data from one idoc (IF 1 segment with business data in idoc THEN 1 execution of bapi, IF 2 => 2, ...).

Any ideas or How to guides?

BR,

Dzmitry

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make IDoc to RFC scenario in PI and make use multimapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/content.htm

Regards

Suraj