cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock R/3 master data transatcions when using Central MDM Scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues.

We are implementing a Central master data management scenario, all master data will be created / changed within MDM; so we need to block create/change for fields that are considered in MDM for the master records within R/3.

In a previous project we used authorization profiles to achieve this task. I supose an other option is to use the field status configuration.

However, I was wondering if SAP has something standard to achieve this blocking within R/3?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Jorge.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

SAP MDM has released Central Master Data management as standard already. Also SAP MDM SP04 has more features which will have easy integratoin for standard R/3 Repositories for CRM, SRM etc. You have a facility in MDM Repository for creating your customized Roles which will help you to block certain access to users.

Hope this answers your requirement.

Regards

Veera

Note : Please mark the Points if this reply is helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As far as my knowledge is concerned, Any system for that matter not just R/3, can not be controlled using MDM and it has to be enforced as part of the end to end process. I believe the way you used in your previous project should be good enough.

Still, even I would like to know some inputs from SAP on this.

Regards,

Rajani Khambhampati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, I think the same as you, however other consultants are asking this so I want to positively make sure SAP provides nothing inside R/3 to achieve this, before saying NO.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge,

Field Status Grouping will work for Online MM01/MM01 transactions.

By using Field Status Groups Configuration in SPRO, you can say what are the display fields.

But, these fields are display fields only for DIALOG users and NOT when using IDOCs to post data.

This way, you can use MDM and Idocs together to change the fields, which are maintained in MDM.