Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in "Initial Package for Time based Reduction" scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

im new in TDMS.

im trying to do a timebased reduction in tdms (just to test tdms). The sender is a IDES System and the receiver is a copy of this IDES system.

I have an error now in the step (all other steps before are ok):

Package Settings -> Start Programs for Package Settings-> Perform TDMS - Specific Analyses.

Error:Table JST_OTL_STATE is Client independant

Message no. CNV_TDMS_XAPP_A004

Diagnosis

table JST_OTL_STATE is Client independent and is also marked for transfer.

Transfer of client independent tables is not possible.

How and where can i unmark the mentioned table for the transfer?

Further steps are not possible at the moment.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You can execute the transaction CNVMBTCOBJ is central system and mark the mentioned table for NOT_USE. In this way the table will be ignored for transfer. Then you can re-execute the activity and it will run fine.

Regards

Raghuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answer Raghuram. I executed the transaction CNVMBTCOBJ and marked the mentioned table and save the changes. After that i re-executed again the activity, but still the same error...strange..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to do the same in transaction CNVMBTTABLES. There is no erro anymore. Thanks for help! Full points for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas-

Did you recently upgrade the TDMS? What SP are you on, there is a oss note out for this error. Some of the time dependent tables become time independent during upgrades.

Let me know I will find out what note that was.

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Andreas Kunz on Oct 2, 2009 11:45 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx harmeet, but the mentioned problem is solved now. But i have another question:

I do a time based reduction from system dmsapides client 800 to dmsaptdms client 800 with datas from 01.01.2008 till now.

So my question is: if the transfer is done, in the system dmsaptdms client 800 should only be datas from the date 01.01.2008 till today. All the older datas should be deleted. Is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

You will lose all client dependent tables in your target. This includes your master data, transactional data and cutomization. What will not be touched will be variants, sap scripts and users.

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Big thx for the answer HarmeetSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i have another problem in Phase:

Start Programs for Data Deletion in Receiver System-> Start Deletion of Data in Receiver System. The activity status say: "Execution aborted".

I have an Abap Runtime Error in the Receiver System in job JOB_TD09P_START_JOBS:

"RAISE_EXCEPTION" Shorttext: "INVALID_TARGET". Target Server or Group is invalid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Re-execute the RFC definition activty and check if everything is fine

2) Check for dumps in teh receiver system and see what additional information can be obtained.

Regards

Raghuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for the answer. The rfc definition activity is fine (everything green and also synchronized.)

i checked with sm37 the jobs in the receiver system.

There are many TD09P jobs like TD09P_/AIN/TMSG_COND. They are at status scheduled, finished and canceled (with the reason "the sesion Id xxxxxxx is invalid").

I still have a temp. licencense in the receiver system (system copy of ides). Could that be the reason for the invalid session ID error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

These may be from the older execution, you may abort them and proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already aborted and deleted them (TD09P jobs) in sm37 in the receiver system and executed the activity in the sender again.

The same problem in the receiver system in the TD09P jobs: "The session id xxxxxx is invalid". The strange thing is, that some TD09P jobs were finished successfully and someTD09P jobs were canceled (with this message). Other TD09P jobs are at status scheduled. What could be the reason for the "The session id xxxxxx is invalid" message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

then I woudl suggest you to raise an OSS message which will help to analyze the issue.

Regards

Raghuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas-

As a test, try running an HCM package with the same sender-receiver combination (RFC destinations). This will definitely prove if the problem is in your RFC or if it is in fact a TDTIM package issue.

Also do a SM59 and delete these RFC for this TDTIM package and re-create/re-sync. Also try an SMGW to ensure there are no gateway issues like ports being filled/dead locked.

Let me know how it goes. If not helpful, have SAP do a system analysis.

Harmeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

You might also want to run a authorization test in sm59 for the TDMS RFC's and subsequentially check the user configured in the RFC destinations. It should have the SAP_TDMS_USER role.

Did the jobs fail after a specific time? Or did they fail more randomly?

Best regards,

Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for your answers. I think i found the cause of this problem. I used for the rfc connection an user with type dialog. I have to use here type communication. I think this is the reason for the invalid session id message. I will try it again and let you know if its working now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, the problem with the invalid session id had nothing todo with the rfc user. The problem were 3 points:

- the receiver system (systemcopy of ides) had the copied parameters in defaultprofile (rz10) of the ides system. I had to change this parameters.

- also the instance was not activated (rz10). So i had to change and activate that too.

- the last point was that i had to configure in rz04 an operation mode with the instance (i think this was the cause of the invalid target)

Now the jobs are runing smoothly. I hope the next final steps will do that to.

Thanks for help all.

Edited by: Andreas Kunz on Oct 22, 2009 9:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, it was a hard and long journey, but finally im through the whole TDTIM activities successfully :-D.

I had further problems. One in the activity: Fill header tables (Collective Exec.). The subactivities didnt start automatically, so i had to increase the max. of total processes (batch) from 3 to 6 in the instance profile.

The other problem was duplicate key errors in data transfer, which i solved with note 1247802 (changed write behaviour via troubleshouting from insert to modify).

My next step will be to create a refresh package with another from date.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards.