cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am familiar with usual inspection types such as 01,03,04,06,10. But what is all about 02,05,08 and 15 types ?

It would be greeat if anyone could explain like when the lot will be generated and what purpose we can use this.

Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will explain you as per my knowledge

02 :This is Goods issue inspection type same as 10.If you do not active 10 (601 mvt)then if you active 02 then after outbound delivery 02 lot will be created.Also when you want to issue material from plant then also 02 will be created.

05: when you have activated 05 inspection type then ,you can use this inspection type to

1.In case when you want stock relevent inspection type in case of customer returns like 651 mvt.

05 is used for customer returns.

2.Also when you have put material in scrap (551 mvt) & you want to revers the material & bring back to QI stock the 05 is used.

08: Inspection type is used as stock transfer from one storage location to other ( say 311 mvt) and one plant to other.

15: This is create physical sample through t code QPR1

you can create manual inspection lots for physical samples to:

• Carry out stability tests for physical samples

• Inspect physical samples received from competitors

• Inspect physical samples associated with customer complaints

Manual inspection lots for physical samples have the inspection lot origin 15.

You cannot use transaction QA01 (create inspection lot) to create manual inspection lots for physical samples.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sujit,

Thanks for your quick response. Can you explain when the lot will get created for the below types ?

02 - understand it is similar to 10.and also it works for the part which is issued from plant in the sense...if I set 02 on one part and trying to issue this part to some order, whether lot will get created ? I doubt tht because part is already in unres and once u issue and post it ..it picks from unres and issue to the order.we dont have any control to put them n QI ..agree ?

Also if 10 has been used..then there is no need of 02 at all for outbound delivery ?

05 - As far as i know 06 will do for customer returns...also when lot will created if i set this 05 on a part ?

08 -I tried this type on one part and dont see any transfers and not sure whether lot will be created to transfer if yes how ?

15 - it would be good if you explain how to set up this one as I have no idea about this process.

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

02 - understand it is similar to 10.and also it works for the part which is issued from plant in the sense...if I set 02 on one part and trying to issue this part to some order, whether lot will get created ? I doubt tht because part is already in unres and once u issue and post it ..it picks from unres and issue to the order.we dont have any control to put them n QI ..agree ?

Also if 10 has been used..then there is no need of 02 at all for outbound delivery ?

--> right.But 02 is also used in STO(stock trasfer order)

05 - As far as i know 06 will do for customer returns...also when lot will created if i set this 05 on a part ?

If you maintain 05 inspection lot origin agaist resturn order type.

08 -I tried this type on one part and dont see any transfers and not sure whether lot will be created to transfer if yes how ?

Activete 08 to a material.

Transfer material from one storage location to other.08 will be created.

15 - it would be good if you explain how to set up this one as I have no idea about this process.

activet 15 inspection type.

Go to QPR1>enetr material & type>create new physical sample.

Go to QPR5>f8>select sample & click on create inspection lot-->save

Go to QA32-->check the lot.

I hope this will give you enough idea.