cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage of NetWeaver CE 7.1 compared with NetWeaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a JAVA Mobile WebDynpro application running on NetWeaver 7.0.

We are discussing if we have to upgrade to NetWeaver CE 7.1 but we don't know what the advatages are of the new environment.

Are there more UI elements supported in the new NetWeaver release?

Is the performance better?

Are there any big differences?

What could be a good reason to upgrade to the newest release?

When I read the topics in help.sap.com I cannot find any reason to upgrade, so please correct me if I am wrong.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/EN/47/dfb1fa9d4741bde10000000a421138/frameset.htm

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Bart

Edited by: Bart Elshout on Sep 28, 2009 2:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for the advantages in the Always Connected (or Online) WebDynpro scenario for the PDA / Mobile.

The advantages in the link you have sent are in the Occasionally Connected (Offline) scenario... I know that CE 7.1 has made a lot of improvements on the Occasionally connected scenario, but this was already know by us.

Are there any improvements/advantages in the Java Mobile WebDynpro (Always Connected) scenario in NetWeaver CE7.1?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

vipin_v2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

If you are looking for a link which provides information on the differences in using 7.0 and 7.1for developing mobile web Dynpro applications, then kindly refer the below link.

/people/priyanka.singh3/blog/2009/02/26/difference-between-netweaver-mobile-70-and-71

With Regards,

Vipin.